Chapter 8 The Fake

*All Might POV*

"Whats wrong?" Arabelle asks breathlessly in a way that makes it hard for me to focus.

My times up, I have 15 minutes left in this form. I get up from on top of her and create space between us.

"I didn't mean for things to turn out this way" I apologized.

What were you thinking Tosh! You know better! going out with Bell would be tempting enough, but coming to her apartment! This cant happen again. I need to be focusing on preparing young Midoriya to harness one for all.

"Why? Because of You're enemys? You think I will get hurt ?" She searched my face for answers.

"This" I gestured to both of us "isn't real" I say. "You are just attracted to my power"

"What did you just say to me?" She asked in disbelief, but I see the hurt in her eyes.

"It happens all the time, people are in love with the idea of being with me, the symbol of peace and all the perks that come with it, but you don't actually want me, its just easy to confuse" I regret the words as soon as I say them.

"Is that really what you think of me!? After all this time!?" She starts to get up, anger surfacing as she walks up to me.

Good, thats right. Get mad. walk away from this.

"Why are you pushing me away? Again?" She queries. With an expression that breaks my heart. Don't look at me like that.

"Because Im the fake" I laugh humorlessly. "You said it yourself, Im not really Toshinori anymore, and you are right ! This isn't even what I look like !" I hissed.

"All Might, what are you talking about? You aren't making any sense!" She protest.

"I am a Mask, I am a lie," I mumble. you deserve better.

"What?"

"It was a mistake to come here, I should go" I say, but her words stop me from moving.

"You didn't have to do this you know" her voice quivered, fresh tears forming in her eyes.

"We could have just stayed friends, thats all I ever cared about, but now I dont even know what we are" she confessed.

With out another word, I left.