Chapter 9 Was it Only Me?

*Arabelle POV*

All Might closed the door firmly behind him and I'm left alone standing in my living room feeling confused and rejected.

What did I do that made him leave like this? Was he not feeling the same way?

I'm so stupid, for bringing up the past, for being all over him!

Was I misreading him? No. I decided

He wanted to kiss me. I saw it in his eyes, I felt it in his touch. He wanted me.

Then why? I wondered. What is he hiding from me?

Going over the entire night,  I eventually crawl into bed, and fall asleep on a tear soaked pillow.

The next morning, loud banging and a familiar voice at my door wakes me up.

"Jinx?"

I drag myself out of bed with puffy eyes and wobbled my way to the door, my anger growing the closer to the banging I got.

"What! in the actual hell!?" I hissed as I opened the door.

"Where have you been! you haven't answered my texts or calls all morning!" she accused as she barged into my apartment.

I'm Ready to take my anger out on Jinx, when realization hits me.

"Shit" I say as I drop onto the sofa. "Xan's birthday" I remembered and placed my elbow on my knee, hand to my forehead.

"Yes! Xan! Remember him? the most precious nephew in the world, who is still short an All Might cake that we made!" She exploded while she rummaged through the fridge to extract the cake in question.

Regret, anger, and disappointment all surfacing at once I begin to cry  "Jinx, I'm sorry"

"Oh" Jinx's expression softened. "You cant bring out the tears when I'm mad, its not fair" She said with a frown.

She placed the cake on the counter before she continued.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you. I should have known you wouldn't have bailed unless it was for reason. Tell me what happen" she said as she came to sit beside me on the sofa. placing one hand on my back.

After explaining the night to Jinx she gave me a tight hug and ordered me to take a shower and get dressed.

"I'm going to take Xan his cake and Come back. You better look you're cutest when I get here!"

"Nothing heals a heart faster than shopping while looking cute and eating ice cream" She assured.

"Jinx I'm fine, you should be with you're family today" I advised "and I don't feel like going anywhere"

"Ari, you are family." She said with an earnesty that surprised me.

"And sorry, but moping around the house over a guy simply wont do. Especially not for the Symbol of Jerks!" She concluded.

A helpless smile tugs on my lips.

How did I get so lucky, to have a friend like you. I thought.

Sister, I corrected.