Chapter 19:Jacob

I guided Kiana to the table. She sat delicately, folding a napkin in her lap. 

"Something smells good," she said inhaling deeply. I smiled.

"That, my sweet, would be, my what should be famous, apple crumble pie. I hope you're not allergic to awesomeness."

She looked shocked. "You cook?"

"Yes, I can cook. You seemed a little shocked." She shook her head. "I wasn't expecting a home-cooked meal."

"How could I dare serve you pizza in that amazing dress?" She blushed.

"I guess that would be quite a bad combination."

I nodded. "Stuffed manacotti, mademoiselle."

She licked her lips, and little did she know that on the inside, I was, too. "A side of steamed broccoli, and a little fresh salad. I only had Italian, if you don't like it, I won't be offended."

"Italian's perfect," she said quietly. I smiled. Good.

"And one last thing." I glided to the oven. "Garlic cheesy bread. Mmmm. Yummy in my tummy.'

She giggled and I winked at her. I set it down, and sat across from her. 

We ate in silence for a while. The sound of clanking forks, and appreciative moans filled the silence. I could sense a storm coming.

Kiana suddenly dropped her fork, causing me to jump. I looked up into her surprising angry eyes.

Here it is.