Chapter 12:Jacob

The next day when I walked into class, Kiana was already sitting. She was busying herself by doing the bell work. As I passed by her to get to my seat, I brushed her back softly with my fingertips. Her head shout up, and I swear I saw her shiver. I smirked, and sat down.

"Good morning," I said pleasantly. She ignored me.

"Nice weather we're having huh?" No response.

"How are you today?" She rolled her eyes. "Look-" I started.

"No, you look. I don't like you. I never will, so why don't you just sit there and not bother me!" She hissed. I laughed, earning a few glances.

"No problem, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that!"

"What should I call you?"

"Nothing! Don't talk to me!"

"I don't understand why you don't like me so much!" I whispered.

"Oh, no?" She quirked an eyebrow.

"No."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"Alright, class. Can I have your attention? Today we will be watching a video on the reproduction of cells. Please focus, and take notes. If you have more than 20, I will give you 5 extra credit points. Alright, here we go." He turned off the lights, and started the video.

I reached over and softly touched her arm, "Can I borrow-"

I stopped. As soon as I touched her, electric currents flowed up my arm, spreading heat as it traveled all over me. I closed my eyes softly.

"Borrow what?" Her voice was strained. Did she feel it too? Nah, probably not.

"A pencil."

She huffed and handed over a pink mechanical pencil. "Thanks," I whispered.

She nodded. Instead of studying the television, I studied her.

Her sighs were breathy and music to my ears. When she was concentrating, she would softly bite her bottom lip, pulling at the lush flesh. When she messed up while writing, her eyebrows would pull foreword into a frown, the soft skin wrinkling. Her eyes were mesmerizing, big, almost fairy-like. Her eyelashes were long, and when she blinked they would cast a beautiful shadow over her cheeks.

Occasionally, her eyes would flicker my way, and her breath would catch when she noticed I was staring. Once they caught my eyes, and our glances locked. I don't know how long we sared at one another, but it was a while. The trance was broken when the light was turned on. She blushed. God, she was beautiful. 

I shook my head. The more I thought about it, the more angry I became. Why should I be mooning over her when she had already stated how much she hated me? Instead of saying anything to her, I threw her pencil down on the desk, and swiftly walked out. 

No more! I would not follow around like a love-sick puppy. Forget her. 

As I walked outside, a pretty blond walked up to me.

"Jacob, right?" I nodded.

"Well, I'm having a party tonight. Can I count on your arrival?" This was exactly what I needed. 

I nodded, and she smiled handing me a yellow flyer.