the meet and greet, part 44.

{Shawn's point of view}

"Please drop it." I said as fears rushed through my body.

"Shawn. I have to."

"You don't have to, beautiful. Please tell me what's wrong."

"Mom. She- she died this morning." Savannah whispered, staring at her hand that was holding a knife and more tears fell down her cheek that was covered with mascara stains.

The words she never wanted to hear came out of her mouth. She weakly fell to the ground and let go of the knife. I dropped myself to the ground and pushed it away. A sharp spot of the knife cut through my hand, but I didn't care. All I cared about was Savannah as I held her tight and pressed her face against my chest, while also combing my fingers through her hair to comfort her.

"It is going to be okay, baby." I said while she let all the tears escape her eyes.

"How do you know?"

"I just know." I wanted to comfort her but not make a promise that I can't keep. Every single one of her thought popped up in my mind. I knew what she was thinking. I felt the guilt, the sadness and all the other emotions in her body. The regular warmth of her body was gone, it was replaced by an ice cold feeling. Like there wasn't any blood pumping through her body. It felt like she was dead, dead from the inside.

"Shawn, have you- What happened?!" Justin asked confused when he ran into the bathroom.

"Mom." The only word that could escape Savannah's mouth, but it was also the only word that would change their lives forever.

It was just one word, but it was enough.

{Savannah's point of view}

"Ouch!"

"Shawn, stay still! I have to clean up the wound with alcohol." I said while holding a tissue covered in a bit of alcohol.

"I'd rather drink it." He grinned.

"I just booked three plane tickets to Amsterdam for tomorrow afternoon!" Justin yelled from the dining room.

"Three? I thought you told him to buy four, one for Jake." I said to Shawn, raising one of my eyebrows.

"Jake never follows me to my family." He replied with a small smile.

"But, you've only seen her once."

"That's enough." He replied and pressed his lips against mine for a quick kiss.

"You two, hurry up! We've got other things to do." Justin yelled again, sounding sad but angry at the same time.

"Coming!" Shawn yelled back and he hopped of the kitchen counter. We all sat down and arranged some of the stuff that had to be done before we leave tomorrow. Justin also called the hospital and talked to one of the doctors.

Overall, it was a messy and emotional afternoon.

✧ ✧ ✧

"Shawn, I don't feel like staying here for the rest of the evening. Can we go to your parents?" I asked him.

"Are you sure? I mean-"

"Please?"

"Anything for you, princess. As long as it makes you happy."

"It does." I smiled and wrapped my arms around Shawn's neck.

"Then we better go because I also need to pack my luggage for tomorrow." Justin interrupted.

"Here are the keys to unlock the car. We'll be right down." Shawn said, throwing the keys into Justin's hands and Justin left the apartment.

"Why are you letting him go first?" I asked confused.

"Because I want to talk to you. About the knife. I'm worried."

"I'm sorry."

"Baby, I'm not mad but I don't want an apology." He said and looked in my eyes. "They say that if people want to commit suicide, they've thought about it for a while. Have you? Are you not happy? Are you not happy with me?"

628 words
November 28th, 2018