the meet and greet, part 15.

- Author's note: warning! This chapter contains sexual assault and addictions. Read at your own risk.

{Savannah's point of view}

"Mom, is that you?"

"No, I'm not your mom." The creepy voice said back.

"Please don't do this to me!" I screamed and started crying. I was so scared, that I couldn't move.

"Hey, hey, Anna, don't worry. It's me, what's wrong?"
The creepy voice turned out to be Shawn's voice. He sat down next to me on the couch and hugged me tightly.

"It's just me, Shawn. I'm so sorry."
I hugged him back, still crying. We sat on the couch, just hugging each other.

"I'm so sorry Shawn, I got scared. Really scared."

{Shawn's point of view}

I didn't mean to scare Savannah, I would never do that. But what made her cry so hard?

"I think it's time to tell you the story about my father."
She was still hugging me, I didn't let go of her.

"You don't have to."

"I want to, I don't want to keep it a secret anymore."

"Okay, only if you're ready."
She let go of me, and wiped her tears away.

"So, my father... No, let's start at the beginning. We moved to America to open a bakery, I told you that already. I grew up there and got bullied, because my English wasn't as good as their English. My only friend was Vanessa. Our moms were always working, they loved the bakery and spent most of their time there. My dad didn't have a job and was home alone, every day. He got into drinking, because he barely saw us. When I got older, his addiction got worse. One evening, I came home from Vanessa's. My dad was home alone and the house smelled like cigarets and alcohol. He sat on the couch, naked, and asked me to take off my clothes. I told him no and he started to yell at me. As fast as I could, I ran upstairs and he followed me. I tried to close the door but he was stronger. He pu... pushed me on my bed and-"
Several tears fell down her face. I hugged her back and she cried it all out.

"Shhh... I'm so sorry."
I couldn't handle it and a few tears fell down my own cheek.

I was really shocked and couldn't believe it. How can someone do this, especially to their own daughter? I would never do this to my daughter, I would treat her like a princess. I want my daughter to be happy and full of joy, just like Savannah. How can she be so strong and hide such a big secret?

{Savannah's point of view}

I couldn't finish my sentence and before I knew, I felt his big strong arms around me. It felt so safe. I wanted to stay in his arms forever.

"You know, nobody knows this except for Vanessa, her mom, Justin and my mom."

"It's a nice thought that you trust me with this, Savannah. I won't tell anyone, promise."

"Thank you Shawn, I think it was a good idea to tell you this. It's easier for the both of us."

I let go of Shawn and looked at him. A few tears fell down his face, from the corner of his eye all the way down to his jaw. He didn't say anything, I could see that he was in shock.

Twenty minutes passed and we were still sitting on the couch. We didn't say a word and still everything felt right. Shawn and me, together.

"Shawn, what are you actually doing here?"

"I came to surprise you." A little smile appeared on both of our faces. "This wasn't my intention," he continued.

"I wanted to surprise you, spend my three days off with you, here in Amsterdam. We have a whole evening ahead of us, I planned it myself. Want to come?"