Newt (part 3)(very long)(105)

Începe de la început

"Newt, we're so close, just a little bit further." You said, but he lurched forward, coughing up a black liquid. He fell on his hands and knees, with you and Thomas on either side of him.

"Just go....please." he begged you. You shook your head, opening your mouth to respond when the loudspeakers clicked on, bright light flooding the alley.

"Thomas." Teresa's voice filled the area. He turned slowly, looking around for a second. Newt coughed again, falling onto his side as Thomas stood up to see what was going on.

You pulled Newts head into your lap, rubbing his back and trying to help him recover from the coughing fit.

"Thomas, we need to go." You called, but he was too busy listening to Teresa. She was talking about how he needed to get back to the lab, and he seemed to believe her.

"Thomas, come on, we need to get Newt back to the berg." You pleaded, and Thomas turned to face you.

"But that won't save him. That serum will only help for a little bit." He said quietly. He crouched next to Newt, frowning and patting Newt's arm.
"I'm gonna get you a cure. A real one. Okay? You just.....you just get to the berg and get that serum so I can get back with the cure. You got it?"

Newt nodded quietly, taking a shaky breath and mumbling "be careful, Tommy."

Thomas nodded back, giving him a sad smile and standing up. He sniffled, blinking a few times, and turned to run back into WICKED.

You directed your attention back to Newt.
"Come on, you think you can make it just a little bit farther?" You asked. He moved his head closer to you, and nodded silently.

"Okay. You're gonna have to help me out, shank." You sat him up, carefully slinging his arm over your shoulder again. He hissed quietly and with your help, managed to stand up.

"Okay. That's good. Minho and Gally should be back any second, but the quicker we can meet them, the better." You explained, hoping that you could give him something to focus on.

After making it about a hundred more feet, maybe two hundred, he couldn't handle any more. His knees buckled.

"No" you sighed, practically dragging him. Eventually you gave up, setting him down on the concrete and kneeling next to him.
"Newt?"

His eyes were closed now, his chest moving in only heaving, breaths. He was unconscious.

"I'm so sorry." You sighed, shaking your head and smoothing down his hair.
"I'm sorry I let you get this bad. We should've figured something out sooner."

You held him close, the only response you received was the short, clipped inhales of his breathing.

You bent over, pressing a kiss to his forehead, when you heard a familiar voice.

"Y/N!" Minho called, sprinting over. He was out of breath, clutching the serum. Not far behind we're Gally and Brenda, but since he was faster he took the serum and ran it over.

"Hurry!" You said eagerly. Now that the possibility of Newt making it out was so close, you couldn't wait any longer. Minho's hands fumbled as he tried to load a syringe with the serum, and Brenda took it from him, her steadier hands getting the job done quickly.