Cold

(So I've been editing this. I'm going to post a couple chapters to get a feel of how everyone likes it before finishing)

The deity was swimming near a cold spot in the ocean, minding her own business as a storm raged overhead. Her little spot in the ocean wasn't affected and she could frolic as she pleased. Her keen hearing picked up the sound of something hitting the ice shelf and turned her head to watch as a human machine descended through the water. She had never seen a machine like that. After all, she preferred to stay away from most civilizations.

Steve was resigned to his fate, watching the ground approach and felt the impact as he hit the ice. The plane tipped down and the water started flooding in, chilling the super-soldier rapidly. 'See you soon, Buck.' was his main thought.

Her pretty face was marred by a frown, sensing the distress of the human inside and swam through the water. She waited until the plane was settled and then moved closer, pressing a hand to what appeared to be an entrance and then simply phased through. She could hear the slowing of the human's heart as the cold water surrounded him and hurried.

The brunette moved through to the cockpit and then next to the chair, seeing the human's eyes lock on her and the confusion that crossed his face. A part of Steve wondered if she was an Angel coming to take him to Heaven. He hoped he would get to see his Ma and Bucky.

Her heart filled with a deep sadness, he was so young still. She couldn't let him die and immediately set about unstrapping him from his seat. She pressed a red jewel to his chest and watched it suck him in, keeping him safe for now. His soul had called to her, begging for help but also resigned to death at the same time.

Her green grey eyes noticed the rounded shield and she grabbed it, figuring he would want it eventually. The deity made her way from the plane and she vanished back to her home in the warmer waters near the Gulf of Mexico. She had the tendency to relocate, sometimes living underwater and sometimes on land. She had a human alias too but rarely used it unless courting a mortal. The ocean was a great hiding place if one didn't want to be found and Poseidon didn't ever bother her. They had a silent agreement on their arrangement.

The female looked around her watery palace and decided that this was not the place for the mortal, he needed to be on land. He couldn't breathe underwater and it would probably make him frightened to wake up still underwater. She made her way out of the ocean and to her hidden pocket realm, a place untouched by Earth time and could be anywhere really. If she was going to keep him, she needed to have him well protected. Time seemed to flow differently, days in the realm equalling years in the Earth realm.

Kayla settled with using her human name with him and released him from the stone, he had gone unconscious and she set about treating him for shock and hypothermia. Finally he was in warm pajamas and tucked under down filled blankets, sleeping more naturally now. She had never really found a human that she had wanted as badly as him. His eyes were windows to his soul and she could see everything he had gone through. She hoped he would want to stay but she would let him go if that was what he wanted.