Back In Black

Tony smiled as he came up from underwater and saw how his tower was lit up. He zoomed back and landed, grinning as his suit was removed. He walked in and hummed at the sight of three of his favorite people. "Well? What do you think?"

"I think it's magnificent." Kayla smiled at Tony, hugging him gently. She was always impressed with anything he built. Her eyes glinted with pleasure at the sight of his happiness. "I'm impressed, Tony."

"Still say it's an eyesore." Bucky teased. "It's fancy though."

"Ostentatious. But it fits." Steve finished what he had been drinking. The blond was perched in a comfortable chair.

"You are wonderful, Tony Stark. Never forget it." Kayla was suddenly serious, cupping his cheeks. She rubbed her thumbs against his cheekbones gently, keeping eye contact.

Tony blushed and glanced away. "Yeah. I am pretty great." He was trying to will away his attraction.

"Hey, Tony." Bucky was suddenly by Tony and Kayla's side. He grabbed the genius' chin right before they were interrupted.

"I'm sorry, Sir. Agent Coulson has made his way into the building." JARVIS apologized.

"I'm not in." Tony whined slightly. He wanted to know what Bucky was going to do.

"It's important." Agent Coulson spoke as he exited the elevator. He didn't enjoy having to interrupt Tony's potential new relationship.

"Consulting hours are between 8 to 5 every other Thursday." Tony interjected, turning to Phil Coulson. "It's not Thursday, Coulson."

"This isn't Consulting." Phil countered sternly. His eyes rolled as he spoke.

"Is it about the Avengers?" Kayla hummed curiously. "Which I know nothing about obviously."

"You are not a spy, babe." Bucky snickered. Only Steve, Tony and Bucky were supposed to know. They had refused to disclose exactly what she was or what she could do.

"Nah. I'm Kayla." Kayla grinned unrepentantly. She had no qualms about playing dumb human sometimes.

"Look this over." Phil attempted to give it to Tony. He had been told to make sure Tony had it by any means necessary.

"I don't like being handed things." Tony refused to take it. He crossed his arms.

"I do though." Kayla casually took the thing and then handed it to Tony, leaning her head on his shoulder. Her smile was a threat of violence if it was anything that hurt her precious genius.

"Captain Rogers, Sergeant Barnes." Agent Coulson was internally fanboying while keeping his cool appearance.

"Agent Agent." Bucky snickered yet again. It had amused him to hear Tony call Phil that.

"Agent Coulson." Steve nodded and accepted the file he was handed.

"Strictly speaking, you aren't to know anything. But I believe you could be useful." Agent Coulson looked at the deity and then left.

"Bless his heart." Kayla snorted and then flopped in Bucky's lap. She was amused at how engrossed Tony already was. She knew Bucky had been about to kiss Tony and was now frustrated at the lost chance. "He thinks he gets to decide what I know and don't know."

Steve nudged them up and they headed to their floor after informing Tony who had waved a hand. He would probably be up all night much to both JARVIS' and Kayla's frustration.

Kayla made some inquiries through some of her otherly contacts and hummed. She sighed at what she found out. "Goddammit, Loki. Crazy Asgardians making an appearance."

The Olympians were not fond of the Asgardians. They had made it a point to ignore them as much as possible. Some of the more hotheaded Olympians found it impossible to get along with the Norse 'gods'.

The deity sighed, wondering if she should just locate Loki and beat him up with some help from her other friends. She figured that would probably not go well and sighed even more dramatically the second time.

Kayla used the state of the art running track that ringed the upper part of the gym. She needed to express energy somehow and this seemed like a good way.