Happiness Interrupted

Over the past few weeks I had started adjusting to my new life. Since I  was the most comfortable with Lucy, I had gone on missions with her team, and wasn't planning on switching up any time soon. They were very good friends, and I felt like I fit in with them more every day.
         Natsu accepted me instantly. He was a lot of fun, and full of energy. He never slowed down, and sometimes it seemed like he didn't have a thought in his brain. He was actually very kind, and fiercely loyal. His fire dragon slayer magic perfectly matched his fiery soul.
            His partner Happy was and adorably talking cat with wings. Despite his appearance, he was actually kinda snarky, but he would never give up on his friends. His strength might not be as much as Natsu's, but his heart and determination were just as strong. His magic was flight. It was extremely useful, and we could always trust him to save us in a pinch.
           My impression of Lucy had been correct. She was extremely kind and empathetic. While she could be a little silly, and you couldn't tell by first impressions, she would never give up and protect her friends no matter the consequences for herself. She uses Celestial Spirit Magic, and loves her spirits as much as she loves her friends, and treats them like equals. I couldn't think of anyone who would make a better celestial wizard than her.
             Erza was the strongest in the group. She was composed and tough, but kind and somewhat cute on the inside. She was my role model. Even though she could be scary, I trusted her with my life. Her requip magic fit her personality perfectly, many strong armors, but some girly clothes as well.
           Gray's personality was as cool as the ice make magic he used. He fought with Natsu a lot, and often goofed off. In a serious fight, he did his part, and never let us down.
           I really started to feel like part of the group. Though I hadn't yet worked up the courage to reveal my magic to them, they were very understanding. I wasn't a bad fighter without magic, so I wasn't completely useless on jobs. They treated me exactly the same as members who had been there for much longer. Honestly, it was amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better life. Naturally, it wasn't meant to last.
             It was a nice day. We were walking along the streets of Magnolia toward the guild hall, returning from a job. We were already discussing our plans for the rest of the day. Townspeople were giving us weird looks. That wasn't that unusual, but this seemed a little different. I shrugged it off, and looked ahead to our destination. I was expecting to see the guild hall in the distance, a sight that always cheered me up. Nothing could have prepared me for what I did see. I gasped, getting the others' attention. Shakily, I raised my finger to point at the guild hall.

                It was destroyed. Some instinct took over my body, and without waiting for the team, I sprinted ahead to see what had happened. The others reached the hall moments after  I did. Mira was waiting for us. 

             "Mira! What happened?" I shouted, horrified.

             "Phantom did this," she said, a shadow over her eyes, angrier than I've ever seen her before. 

               What was going on? Who was Phantom? Why would they destroy our guild hall? Trying to ignore my feelings of foreboding, I went with Mira and the others inside to see the Master.

Okay so its a bit shorter than usual. And its pretty bad. My mom took away my phone so i have to write this on my grandpas computer. Plus I'm on vacation, and i promise ill try to make the next chapter longer and better. Thank you to those who have written such kind comments, you are my inspiration. Love you all <3