CHAPTER 34.

Lindsay's POV.

Singing loudly to the songs on the cars radio just to annoy Antony, I belt out the lyrics like a pro with my amazing voice. But Antony begs to differ, he's been sighing continuously to show his annoyance while muttering, 'deep breaths' under his breath to calm himself. I snicker to myself loving how am pushing his buttons but he can't yell at me knowing my father will kick his ass for that.

There was this time, he came home from work all frustrated and angry. He was snapping at everyone in the house and he snapped at me. I was scared and angry at his tone that tears of frustration gathered in my eyes. Father came in the room at that exact moment. He saw my tears and the guilty expression on Antony's face and assumed the worst. Before I could explain everything, Antony had a bullet in his arm. Since then, he controls his anger when with me.

The songs come to an end and he mutters a 'finally' making me snort at him. I decide to cut him some slack and keep quiet, for now that is. We fall into a comfortable silence. The drive to the bakery that has the muffins is a half hour drive. They have the best baked goods and the owner is a sweet old english lady who gives bone crushing hugs.
"Why is the world so screwed up?" I ask Antony.
"What do you mean?" He asks curiously, casting a sideways glance towards me before looking towards the road again.
"I mean screwed up. Take this for example, back at my home curvy girls are what men crave and want, thick girls are to die for. Back there if you are skinny or your ass doesn't jiggle or you have no shape of a cocacola bottle, you are considered either malnourished, poor or unhealthy with various stds and, "  I say and he looks at me in shock, but I continue, " and here at your continent, its the exact opposite, girls crave skinny bodies, they want tight asses that are stiff, " he snickers, "and enormous breasts. Men here crave that, I mean when a girl is curvy she gets fatshamed where else back at my continent she is worshipped, " He stares at me for a moment.

"Also in the country I was before I escaped, the neighboring country, short clothings are banned. If you wear something short you get arrested. Women protested against it but the president said he cant tolerate such immorality. In Dibalis country, explicit videos are also banned, " Antony is still in shock, "When I came here, I saw a girl with a booty short and I almost covered her up before I saw like almost everyone was showing skin. If you aren't showing some skin here you get called a prude, " Antony looks like he is thinking about something.
"See what I mean, messed up. Everyone in this globe is messed up, " I keep ranting.
"Yeah, everyone is messed up in one way or another. Cultures are not alike, people think differently. Its the way someone's brought up and the environment they are growing into. But for my views, I like my girl with meat on her, I don't want to grab an ass and start analysing if am feeling up a fellow man, no offence to the gays out there though, love is love. But peoples mind differ. I mean here bullying is like a cup of tea, its done everyday. Measures to stop it have been done but nothing changes. So yeah, I guess we are all messed up, one way or the other. Anyway we are here sweats, " I roll my eyes at his nickname for me. He said since I wear sweat pants everytime , I should be given the honors of carrying its name. I open the door to get out and Antony is already at my side, placing his hand my lower back and pushes me forward.

The bell at the top of the small bakery chimed and some eyes looked at our direction, making me a bit anxious at being stared at. Antony leads us to a booth furthest from everyone near the window. He smiles at me and was about to say something when he was interrupted by a gorgeous waitress who was asking what we wanted to order,
"Hi, am Avery, are you ready to order, " she was batting her long curvy lashes at Antony who was instead staring at me. I rose a brow at him and he rose one at me too. I snickered and was about to order when the waitress said, "sir?"
"Am not sitting alone, why aren't you asking my wife what she wants?" He states. I look at him shocked he called me his wife while the waitress flushed with embarrassment. 
"S..sorry sir, madam, anything you like, " she stuttered out.
"Yes four blueberry muffins and a chocolate milkshake please, " I answer still recovering from Antony's statement.
"I will have the same thing, but with strawberry milk shake, " Antony says still staring at me intensely.   She writes the orders on her notebook and quickly scurries to the kitchen.
"So...am your wife now, " I tease him, "excuse me but I don't remember you on your knee and I don't see a ring."
He smirks and says, "who says rings define marriages?"
"Uh the world, " I answer him with an eyeroll.
He chuckles but says, " Then I will buy you a ring, "
I almost choke on air at what he just said.
"Don't say stuff like that, " I hiss at him. No man would ever want a damaged girl like me who cant give him a family, am broken beyond repair and I have come to terms I will die alone. Maybe with a litter of cats.
"You are perfect just the way you are. Do not downgrade yourself. Whatever happened in the past was not your fault, " Antony says as if he just read what I was thinking.
" I know, but at times it feels like it is, "I mumble at him. He goes to say something but our order arrive and am grateful for it. I don't want to hear how perfect I am when I am not. I can never bear children because Dibali destroyed me. I am emotionally damaged because he broke me. I do not know how to love because he made sure I could never trust enough to love. I am a broken, hollow vessels that just smiles to go through the day, so as to avoid seeing the pitying glances thrown her way.