CHAPTER 4.

Five months, five  freaking long torturous months. This ship has been on water travelling for five months none stop. I've been living on canned foods and a bit of fruits I would find in here. As for showering, I've been using bottled water,yes I know gross,but I didn't have a choice. But am not complaining,this five months I have been living far much greater than when I was back home. I've gained weight and my hair has grown up to my waist but its all tangled and wild. I look like a cave woman. Something about not seeing the sun has changed my complexion greatly, am more lighter than before and smoother I guess.

As for my skimpy dress,I have outgrown it. Right now it's just below my butt and it has a few holes here and there. I think I have grown about a foot tall. I have been sneaking around the ship to exercise my legs but mostly due to boredom. It's been really lonely and I was missing the triplets greatly.

As for sleeping I found an abandoned bunker and I sleep there every night. I was humming a song I used to sing for Michael when he got grumpy or sleepy when I heard a jolt and we stopped. Oh my God,we stopped. I was excited we stopped but I remembered nobody knew I was here and  I would be in great danger if I was to be found.

My heart beat wildly and my hands got clammy with panick and nervousness. What if they found me and beat me up? I was almost hyperventilating when the door that led to the goods opened. I ran and hid behind the tallest stalk holding my breath praying not to be found.
"Oh my,that was one long ass trip. I think I might actually kiss the land when I get down," a voice that sounded like a woman's said. It was really smooth and luring. Her accent was really thick I had to strain a little to understand her. I sneaked a peek and saw her. One word described her,gorgeous. She had deep emerald green eyes and short black hair. Her nose was a little pointy and her lips were full and pink. Her face had no trace of lines or acne,she was as smooth as a child. Her teeth were well aligned and sparkly white. Wow even my teeth could not be  seen in her range. She looked around and her green eyes met with my hazel ones.
I ducked quickly behind the goods praying she did not see me..

"Dave!Dave!Oh dear heavens,I think there is someone here. I saw something behind those good to your left," She screeched. Well damn! So much for hoping. I think my heart stopped with all the scenarios going through my head on what they would do to me. I pulled my knees to my chest and my hair covered me.

I was suddenly being pulled roughly by my upper arm. The hand holding me was huge and rough. My guess was it belonged to a man. My eyes were tightly shut for I was afraid of seeing an angry man or mob in front of me. Oh my,what are the going to do to me.

"What the....it's a girl. How in the world did she get in here?" The lady's voice was now close to my face." Dave stop it,you're hurting her. She's shaking like a leaf," I was not aware of how scared I was until she mentioned me shaking. My eyes were still closed. The so called Dave left my arm,and I quickly covered my face.
"Hey,hey its okay. Nobody is going to hurt you,its alright,you're fine," she said soothingly with her alluring voice. Something about her voice brought those soulless dark eyes back in my mind. I quickly opened my eyes to find her smiling at me.

"Wow you have beautiful eyes,"she said smiling at me. The action too foreign for me. Nobody smiled at me except for Michael. It's like my hand had a mind of its own for I found myself tracing the outline of her lips and she gave out a hearty chuckle. I retreated my hand back and looked around trying to figure out where I was. The look she was giving me was full of curiousity,familiarity and amusement. Her emerald eyes were bringing foogy images of a young woman holding something in her arms smiling beautifully in my mind.

"My name is Jody,"she said with that warm smile that made me feel like hugging her."What is you're name?" She spoke slowly for me to understand her through her deep accent. For all I knew,I was Maria,but that name brought nothing but pain in my life,so I don't want it. I frowned for now I didn't have a name apart from Lindsay Lukhoni,but who knows,Maybe thats not even my name. A hand on my shoulder brought me out of my thoughts. Remembering the question I shook my head no.

She looked confused at first then sadness overwhelmed her face."You don't know your name?"She asked assessing me."Do you talk?" She asked again. I looked at her blankly and shrugged. I will talk when am sure you are trustworthy. I said to myself.

       "Okay then,let's get you cleaned up yeah?"Jody told me slowly and calmly waiting for my reaction. I just nodded in confirmation. She started going up the ship to a place I did not know while I followed closely behind her. Thoughts were whirling in my mind like a tornado,where was dhe taking me? Is she going to beat me up? Is she going to sell me as a slave for tonnes of money? Will she give me to her male friends to satisfy them? With that last thought I stopped abruptly. Jody looked to see if I was following her and she when she saw the fear in my eyes,she looked really sad.

       "Its okay honey,I promise,no one is going to hurt you,you are safe here," She said calmly and soothingly. Something about her voice calmed me and made me feel.....safe. I nodded cautiously and kept on following her. She opened up a door that led to some bunker and  my mouth almost fell to the floor..