CHAPTER 17.

Jody's pov.

It's been a week and a half and Maria has not woken up. Her hands sometimes twitch but the doctor said it's just muscle movement. Her eyes sometime move wildly behind closed lids. There was a day she whimpered and the heart monitor beeped rapidly . She was also on the verge of convulsing. The doctors came quickly and sedated her. Upon asking for an explanation,the doctor said maybe her mind is revisiting old memories that caused her body to go into shock. I sobbed that day until I was sure I had no more tears left.

When I was cleaning Maria, I saw she had several wounds. Cut wounds,burn wounds, some even look like someone used to chop her flesh off. There is a nasty burn wound on her back that is so gruesome to even look at. Her skin is really burnt up. Even though it healed, it still looks pinkish and painful.

However she got that wound,it must have hurt like hell. I'll be sure to ask her about it when she would wake up and was stable. Her hands twitched again and I held it in mine. It was warm than the first day we came here. Her neck was healing properly along with the other wounds.

Her eyes fluttered open and I was shocked before gaining my senses."Maria?!" I squealed with joy. But my joy was short lived because she closed them again. I told the doctor and he said that is a very good sign. It meant her mind was finally waking up. I held her hand with a new burst of hope in my chest.

Maria's Pov.

My body felt heavy. My mind was foggy and my eyes weighed a tonne. I felt pain all over my body and someone talking to me. The voice was not very clear but it was very deep and it did not hold a tint of emotion. I strained my ears to hear better.
"Am sorry I threatened you that night. I didn't know it would land you here.  I know you can't hear me and it's probably for the best,because never in my life have I ever apologised to anybody,not even George,who I obey. I hope you get well soon," the voice rambled calmly.

I felt a rough,huge hand holding mine. It squeezed mine and a I willed myself to squeeze back. I heard a shocked gasp and my hand released in an instant. Soon enough,I heard a door being slammed shut and a musky scent left behind.

I tried opening my eyes but they were really heavy. After a while I felt my body drained of the energy I had leave me and I was once again consumed by the darkness.

******Flashback******

I was scrabbing the cooking pan,doing my best to make it sparkling clean to avoid a thorough beating afterwards. Sweat was dripping down my forehead and my hands had started forming painful blisters from scrubbing to hard.

I rinsed it afterwards and hanged it to dry on the utensil rack. I decided to make lunch because the triplets would be hungry soon. Taking the potatoes and peeling them,I hummed a tune I've always had imprited on my mind. From where? I also don't know.

I heard Luciana and Dibali laugh at something they were talking about. A cold shiver ran down my spine at their cackling making a wild guess on what they were talking about. Probably the pain they inflict on me everyday.

Soon enough the food was done and I went to ask if they would like to be served. Agreeing to eat now,I served them. While I was carrying the food towards the dining room,one of the triplets bumped into me while they were chasing each other. The food fell from my hands,splatering on the floor with a loud crash.

My heart beat wildly,looking at the mess on the floor I gulped bitter saliva.  I heard heavy footsteps coming towards where I was. I froze in fear,beads of sweat forming on my forehead. I wrung my fingers nervously my mind foggy with situations that my happen.

"Maria!! What the hell is this?  You decided to make us lunch so that we could eat on the floor? You worthless human," Dibali boomed angrily at me. I shook my head in denial,wanting him to understand it was not personal or purposefully.

Before I knew it,Luciana had slapped me across the face,her rings and nails scratching me across the face. I whimpered in pain,my hand coming to nurse the scratch on my cheek. She landed another slap on my face,harder than the first one which landed me on the floor on the poured food.

"Do you think this food is for pigs? Now I want you to clean up that mess right away," Luciana ordered. I started picking the hot food with my hands,burning my blisters in the process,and putting the food back into the food flask.

Oh what mistake I did by returning the food in the flask. Luciana was on me that very moment cursing my name saying  how filthy I am by returning the food into the flask. She then went on ahead saying that maybe I even serve them dirty food because that is how evil I am.

She was clawing at my back with her long nails,while raining blows after blows at me. She was pulling my hair really hard that my scalp started to burn. I felt a piercing pain on my arm and I looked to see the cause of it. Right there,on my upper arm was a deep cut running down to my elbow. It was bleeding alot and I whimpered in pain.

In Luciana's arm was a knife,it's tip dripping with blood. My blood. She had cut me. With no hesitation at all. She could have slit my throat right there and then. And how the hell did she acquire the knife? I scooted away from her ,my right hand coming to nurse the wound on my left arm. Tears of fear were flowing from my eyes blinding me temporarily.

She smirked in satisfaction and said lowly,her face coming inches towards mine.
"Next time that will be your throat," with that she left me ordering I finish cleaning the mess up. With a bleeding arm, I tried to clean as much as possible. My arm was still bleeding and if I was not to stop the bleeding,I would pass out.

Going back to my room, I took with me the tin containing salt. I went and wiped the blood away and poured the salt on the wound to stop it from bleeding. If you don't know pain,real excrutiating pain,then add salt to a deep cut. I cried in agony,forcing myself  to continue. With the salt in the wound, I wrapped a clean cloth on the wound carefully and waited for the pain to diminsh a little so that I can stitch my skin back together.

The pain diminshed a little and I started stitching the wound. The salt had stopped the bleeding and I cleaned the wound with warm water that was a mixture of water and salt to help sanitise the wound. In my mouth was a cloth I used to muffle my painful cries and soon I was done.

I took another clean cloth and wrapped it around the wound  carefully. Not so tight and not so loose either. I was so exhausted and drained that I did not know when I passed out.

*******End of flashback*******

******
My oh my. What has our Maria not endured in the hands of Dibali and his wife?😭😭 so saaad.

Anyway vote and comment so that I can know what you would like me to add in the story.

Kisses😘😘😘