CHAPTER 30.

Authors note..

I have decided to call  Maria by her biological name, Lindsay. Its due time she starts using it and I wanted you guys to know before hand so as not to get confused later on the book.

You may continue 😘😘

*********************************

Lindsay's POV.

Two weeks. For two weeks I had not seen nor heard from my father or Antony. I have not seen them anywhere in the mansion and when I call their phones, it's always busy. I miss them and am starting to get worried. It's been too long since I heard their voices or soft murmurs in father's office. The butler, James, said they went on a business trip. I wonder what was so urgent they had to leave so suddenly. I think my worrying over them has triggered something in me. Every night I wake up in cold clothes drenched in my own sweat and I search frantically for something in my room with wide scared eyes.

I always tell myself that am looking for my father or Antony or anybody in the mansion for that matter, who might have  decided to keep me company in my room. But even I myself know that's a lie. I realized long time ago am always afraid Dibali would be back for me. I always wake up frantically thinking am back down in that basement with him doing terrible things and having his wicked ways with me.

George and Antony had become my pillars. I felt safe knowing they were somewhere in the mansion. I depended too much on them, that right now when I know they are not near, I feel like  drowning in my own fears. My paranoia is taking over me and am losing myself to the claws of the fear. I feel helpless. Sometimes I say when I see Dibali again am going to beat the shit out of him without any ounce of fear. But I know am lying to myself. If Dibali were to make an appearance, I would cower away and follow his every command without a blink. My body might be strong but the mind never forgets whats been drilled into it daily. It becomes a routine to it that it will automatically go on autopilot if the master that taught it to obey ever came back.

I don't want to be helpless. I have survived all those years with him and for that, I deem myself strong. I am strong because I never gave up. I am strong because when he kicked me down I always got up. After everything he did to me, I still trust and love. My walls might be up but I don't push people that care away. Instead I lean into them and accept the help they offer. Being able to admit I need help makes me strong. So I won't let my past define me. I will create new memories with my family.

When George comes back, I will let him know I need to see that therapist again. This is not healthy for me. My sleeping schedule is so messed up. Am always afraid to sleep in the fear of seeing his face behind my closed lids.

"Mrs, Lynn, " Jame's voice calls from behind my bedroom door.
"Come in James, " I tell him while am sprawled out on my bed.
He comes in and gives me a warm smile which I return.
"Mrs, your father is asking for you in his study, " he says softly.
My eyes widen and I squeal in glee.
"Papa is back, "  I exclaim and James chuckles.
"It appears he is. Come I'll escort you there, " He says.
"No it's okay. You go take a rest, " I tell him and I make a dash to the upper floor as fast as my unfit self can. When I reached the top floor, I was heaving like a dying seal and some beads of sweat was on my forehead. The murmurs in dad's study stopped and the door opened.

Antony came out in all his glory and he saw me holding unto my knees while breathing hard. He shook his head and says, " Let me guess, you ran?" He inquired with a raised eyebrow.
"Shut..up..Those stairs are like...hiking the everest, " I say holding a finger up while taking huge gulps of air.
"Sure they are, " He says indifferently. I finally look up at him and I get lost  in his blue eyes. We stare at each other and everything literally disappears until someone clears their throat. Standing behind Antony was George with a mock frown on his face.

"Is this to say you never missed your papa or is Antony's face more appeasing to look at?" He says with his arms crossed on his chest.
"Well we both know  the sexy one between us two but am going to let you have this moment because am a good guy, " Antony says smirking at my dad.
"Good guy my ass. Need I remind you who created this hot piece of ass of a daughter?" George answers. Oh my God he did not just say that. I was blushing like crazy and Antony was enjoying my embarrassment.
"Papa shut it, "  I say.
"Oh come here sweety, I missed you, " George says while opening his arms for me.

I rush into his embrace and hug him tight to me.
"I missed you too. Where were you guys anyway. James said you went for a business trip?" I ask and I feel him freeze and in my peripheral vision I see Antony's stance get tense and rigid. Where exactly were they?
"Papa?" I ask while pulling away from his hug a little bit.
"That is something I wanted to discuss with you. Come inside the study so that we can talk, " he says seriously while he leads me into the office with Antony following close behind me.

"Sit down sweety, " he says while he pours Antony and himself a glass of scotch. I take a seat in front of his desk while he sat behind it. Antony sat at the leather couch at the side of the room watching me intently. I start feeling nervous wondering what it might be that they wanted to talk to me about.
"Okay, I don't want you getting nervous or scared about what we are going to tell you, " George begins.
"Am already nervous so just tell me, " i say wringing my fingers nervously.

"We found Dibali, " Antony says.