CHAPTER 25.

MARIAS POV.

I expect to wake up to the smell of bleach and disinfectants but instead I wake up to the smell of bacon. Yawning in a not so graceful manner, I head to the bathroom and do my business. Wearing a long sleeved chiffon blouse with some grey sweatpants I head towards the kitchen. The smell here is even more heavenly. Jody is moving about fluidly while humming a tune. She is alone in the kitchen and I wonder where everyone is.
"Morning Jody?" I ask her.
"Oh morning. You are up awfully early. I was thinking you were going to sleep in, " Jody answers me while flipping over some pancakes.
"Early? What time is it?" I ask curiously.
"Its around half past six in the morning?" She says smiling warmly.
Wow. I woke up early? Must have been the excitement of being out of the hospital.
"Who would have guessed? Anyway lemmy help you. What are you not done with?" I ask her.
"Oh yes thank you. You can prepare the batter for the muffins like I showed you?" I nod to her."Good. Help me with that then you can help me with the orange juice, " Jody concludes.

We work while chatting and laughing at anything. Soon enough we were done. We had waffles, pancakes, muffins, orange juice, bacon, brawns for some toast and sausages. Woah I think we got carried away.
"You would think we were feeding an army, " I say eying the table.
Jody chuckles and says, "Yeah but we kinda are. I mean George and Antony are still here. Adding to our own boys we are feeding an army, "
Upon hearing Antony's name my heart flutters a little. Mmm intresting.....

"They will be up soon. Want to wake the twins for me?"
I nod and head towards the twins bedroom upstairs. I hum to myself while going there.
"Morning honey, " I hear a voice ahead of me. George is smiling at me warmly, his eyes twinkling.
"Morning papa, " I answer him. He hugs me tightly and kisses my temples.
"Why are you up so early?" He asks.
"I don't even Know. I think it's the excitement of being out of the hospital. Anyway breakfasts ready, " I tell him.
"Okay Lyn, " he says heading downstairs. I think he doesnt even realise he called me Lyn. I smile to myself and head towards the twins room. 

Opening the door I just chuckle at the sight. Luke has slept in the most awkward position I have ever witnessed with his mouth wide open and he is snoring like a chocking fat man.
Matthew is staring at him in what is a mixture of horror and wonder. He looks at me and shrugs.

He says morning to me while heading towards their bathroom and I decide to wake Luke up.
"Luke, Luke wake up, "I shake his...er..i think its his shoulder or knee am not sure.
" One more hour mum, "He says pulling up the blanket upto his head. Funny how he does not say five or ten minutes but a  whole hour.
" But what am I going to tell Caroline? She is waiting for you downstairs, " I lie to him. Caroline is Luke's all time crush. He wakes up with a bolt almost knocking me down.

"Caroline?!She is here?! Why didn't you  tell me?" Luke looks at me desperately.
I chuckle while ruffling his head and says, "Because Luke I don't like  to lie, "
It takes a moment for Luke to realise there is no Caroline. He frowns at me then says, "well played Maria, well played, "
"Get ready breakfast is already done, " I say heading out.
I jog towards the kitchen. Knowing dad,  he is going to pig out on the bacons which I know he has an obsession with. I think that is why I love bacon too.

"Morning, " A deep voice says towards my left making me stop abruptly.  Its Antony. And he looks hot. He has on a black tank top that is fitted on him like a second skin. Tattoos decorate his arms and I feel an urge to trace them all.  He has on black ripped jeans and his signature combat boots. I think I was staring because he clears his throat.

"Huh..oh yeah hot I mean morning, " I Dumbly reply. His eyes are shining with amusement and I blush like an Idiot. I turn my back on him and head towards the kitchen. I can feel his eyes raking me but ignore it. The aroma makes my mouth water and my stomach growls angrily.

David is making small talk with my father and Jody is checking something in the fridge. Saying good morning to  him, I sit next to my father. Antony sits across from me and he watches me with intense eyes. I find my self getting hot and my mouth dry. Deciding to look away I watch Jody. But I can still feel his eyes on me. Is it getting hot or is it just me? Anyone? No? Okay.

Luke and Matthew enter the kitchen soon enough and we eat like never before.
"So Lyn you ready to go?" Papa asks me.
"Sure. Lemmy pack my things real quick, "
I hear the bus honking for the twins and the run off but Not without kissing me adorably on the cheek as a goodbye.
Rushing to my room I pack my clothes, which if you count aren't that many apart from the ones Jody bought for me. I decide to leave a couple of clothes just incase I might visit or something. Am done packing in like half an hour and carry my suitcase downstairs. Antony is down the last step and without talking he takes my suitcase. Our fingers brush and I feel a surge of electricity in them. Gasping silently I look at Antony but he has on a blank look.

I see Jody looking sad while David tries to comfort her. She tries smiling but ends up sobbing. I run to her and hug her tight to me feeling my throat tightening.
"Why you crying you weirdo?" I ask her chuckling hoarsely.
"Am not. I suddenly got allergic to your suitcase, " She answers tightening her arms around me.
"Its okay Jo-Jo. I will be coming every friday and spend the weekend with you guys, "
"Promise?" She says vulnerably.
"Of course. I promise. Besides you guys are my family. And am sure papa doesn't cook so I have an excuse, " I say lowering my voice to a whisper at the end.
"I love you. Make sure to call everyday okay?"
"I love you too. And I will, Now enough with the water works you big cry baby, " I tease.
Hugging David next, with him whispering for me to take care, they escort us to dads car.
"Tell the twins I love them for me, " I whisper to Jody sadly. She nods and I get in the car with my father seated next to me in the back. Antony puts the gear to drive and soon we are off. I watch the three story house I knew as my home slowly disappear until its no more.

I sigh sadly and my father holds my hand in his warm ones in comfort and I sob silently. I know I was not leaving the country but no matter the distance, departing with loved ones always struck a cord in my heart.

******
Okay..shallow I know but meh am sleep deprived.
Lavuuu..don't forget to vote and comment 😌😌