CHAPTER 14.

JODY'S P.O.V
"Maria has really improved. She speaks more and doesn't zone out on conversations like three months ago. She seems at.....peace," I say to Dave while he was helping me marinate the fish we were to make for dinner.
"Yes,she also seems more comfortable with me around. She doesn't look at me like am going to strike her at any moment," Dave says,his voice coming out deep.

Three months ago,Maria would see Dave and run the other way round. I felt his worry and disbelief. Dave seems tough and cruel but he is a sweet guy. With Maria being scared shitless of him,he got worried. Maria has a terrible past. I can see the way it weighs her down at times. Am afraid of asking her questions,scared for her to relieve those terrible memories. There was a time she used to scream in her sleep saying 'sorry father' over and over again. I bet she doesn't know she used to scream at night.

I was terribly worried I wanted to take her to the therapy. But after a month she seemed to be more content with her surroundings and endulging in conversations here and there. The twins love her dearly and they make sure they keep her busy with games,television,taking her out for walks in the park and baking with her when she looks bored.

Soon enough we were done preparing dinner." I was thinking about taking Maria to the hotel. She is a good cook. Maybe she can teach the other chefs her homeland dishes. They might bring more customers don't you think?" I ask Dave who was washing his hands in the sink.
"Yes. It's a splendid idea. She will love it. Tell her tomorrow,maybe you can leave with her in the morning?" Dave says. He stalks towards me grabbing me by my waist. I put my arms around his neck having to stand on the tips of my toes to be able to reach atleast his shoulders. Yes Dave is that tall. He stands at 6'6 while am at 5'3. Oh what joy to look like his daughter. Note the sarcasm.

"I like that," I say pulling his head down so that our foreheads are touching.
"You know what i'd like?"Dave asks horsely.
"Mhm,"I say dazely.
"A recap of this afternoon,"Dave says seductively and I find myself shivering in anticipation.
"But we are in the kitchen. Anybody can see us. Maria could wake up any moment. The boys....." I was protesting but before I could finish his lips were on mine.

He always tastes like vanilla and I always crave for his mouth. The kiss escalated quickly and soon enough I was on top of the Island. We broke the kiss for a fleet of a second to catch our breath but Dave was soon assaulting my neck with his open mouth kisses. Biting at my sweet spot and I shamelessly let out a moan.

He was on my lips again but before his hands wondered too far,there door bell rang.
"Shit. The fuck is that disturbing our peaceful moment,"Dave murmurs angrily having being interupted.
"That must be George. Go take a cold shower,I can feel soldier Dave poking my thighs," I say amusedly.
"Damn right he is a soldier. When he starts fighting you can't help but cry out his name," Dave says getting out of my grasp before I could hit him.
"Cocky bastard," I murmer while fixing myself before going to open the door. The door bell rings again and I shout an i am coming.

I open the door and there stood before me was my one and only brother,George.
"George!" I exclaim while hugging him. Its been a year since I saw him last. I missed him dearly.
"Jo!" He says hugging me tightly in his huge frame.
"I missed you," I say in his chest. Sniffing his familiar cologne that always seemed to smell like cinamon and some weird spices. I felt right at home.
"I missed you too Jo,"he says emotionally. We part from the hug. I welcome him in the house seeing behind him was none other than Anthony. Ofcourse.
"Anthony," I say to him and he nods in acknowledgement.
"Dinner is ready. Let me just call down the boys. BOYS!!" I yell. George looks at me like am mentally retarded and Anthony doesn't show any reaction.

Footsteps are heard from the stairs coming down like thunder and before we could comprehend what is happening,George is on the ground with Matthew and Luke on top of him like dogs.
"Cool uncle,"they exclaim happily.
"Hey get off your uncle. He is old. You'll break his fragile bones," I say to them mocking seriousness. George feigns anger but soon he is chuckling happily.

Luke looks at Anthony and gives out his hand for a handshake but Anthony being Anthony just ignores Luke's hand. Rude prick.
Luke pouts for the arrogance of the prick.
"Okay lets have dinner." I announce heading to the kitchen. The boys help set the table and soon enough everyone is eating and chatting happily. George tells us of his progress in finding his lost daughter and he always hits a brick wall. Nonetheless he does not give up under any futile information he gets.

After dinner I show them their rooms and head back to the kitchen and put Maria's food in the microwave for her to eat when she wakes up. I go to my room and find my husband typing furiously on his phone and I decide to take a shower. When done, I put on my night gown and let my wet hair air dry.

I lay on the bed and Dave soon joins in. He has his arms around my waist,his breath tickling my ear.
"I believe we have some unfinished business to attend to," he says pulling my ear lobe in his mouth. I find myself surpressing a moan.
"I believe we do," i say breathlessly.

With no warning am flipped on my back and he situates himself in between my legs. His mouth is on mine and we move in rythm. I hear a crushing sound in the hallways and I pull away from Dave.
"What was that?" I ask suddenly becoming worried.
"Am sure it's nothing,maybe Maria has woken up and you know sometimes she is very clumsy,"Dave tries to reassure. Maybe he is right. Maria can be clumsy. Dave is soon assaulting my neck leaving hickes all the way. Damn how am I going to cover them up.

Soon a blood curdling scream pierces through the house and we both shoot out of bed. That is Maria. She has never screamed like that,even in her nightmares. We leave our bedroom and I can see the twins and George are also awake,rushing to where the scream came from. We all look at each other worriedly and again we hear another scream coming near Maria's room.

Our legs carry us to the place as quickly as possible. We find Anthony stalking towards Maria. Maria's hands are covered in blood. The sole of her right foot has a piece of the broken plate sticking put of it. She looks scared while Anthony is walking towards her,his hands balled into fists. Maria falls to the ground and starts pushing herself away from him. All the while she was saying please. She started rubbing her neck,but the glasses stuck in her hands scratched her. If she was not going to stop,she was going to do serious damage.

I had seen enough. I rushed to her side calling out her name trying to snap her out of her daze. But her eyes were glued to Anthony who looked confused.
"What did you do to her?!" I asked visciously.
"I thought she was an intruder so I might have threatened her,"Anthony says calmly.
"You what?! Do you see what you did,you cruel bastard. Leave now and go to your room,leave!" I yell at him.
He just stands there and I could feel my blood boiling with rage. Before I rained my wrath on him,George told him to leave and he did without any resistance.

Dave was holding  Maria so she would not end up damaging herself more than she had already. She thrushed against his arms,shaking her head vigourously. Before she collapsed she said,"Please make him go away,"

"We need to rush her to the hospital. She is loosing alot of blood," Dave says while carrying her bloodied body to the car outside.