CHAPTER 9.

Maria's POV.

The room Jody gave me was,to sum it up,beautiful. It was huge with a king sized bed in the middle filled with red,pink and baby blue pillows. It was covered with a sky blue comforter filled with beautiful flowers.

The window was at the far right and it was huge. It's length was from the ceiling to the floor and it was made of pure glass. It had no metal to portion it apart from the handle bars you use to open the window. The drapes used were also of baby blue and it made the room look bright and innocent.

The walls were pure white and the ceiling board was plain. In the middle it had magnificent chandelier that was I think made of glass. It had multiple light bulbs in it shaped in an oval-ish shape and I could not help but stare.

On my left was a hard wood browm door with a golden door knob and I went to open it. I mean common,the door was calling out to me with its shiny golden knob. Opening the door slowly excitement building up in me,I peered inside but it was dark. I raked my hands against the walls for the light switch and turned it on.

I gasped in surprise for what was infront of me was an extravagant bathroom. There was a huge bathtub in the middle of the room,it's sides aligned with something crystal like and they glittered against the light. Turning my eyes to my left there was the shower. The door leading to it was made of glass and inside it ,there was a variety of hair products and cleaning essentials. On my right I saw another door. Opening it up was were the toilet was. My mind was officially blown away.

This room that was given unto me was like another house. All my life I have never seen or slept in an extravagant place like this. The room given to me back in Tanzania was a tiny place that could not fit more than four people. I did not have a bed instead I slept on a mat with nothing but a torn dress I used as my sheet.

Different emotions were overwhelming me making me want to cry and that's what I did. I cried. I cried for my mother. I cried for my father. I cried for the pain I endured. I cried for the kindness Jody is showing me and lastly I cried because I felt free.

By the time I was done crying my heart out,I washed my face and tied my hair wanting to sleep. Laying on a bed for the first time in seven years felt like heaven. But my body could not yet relax for the fear that this was all a dream and Dibali would be on my neck any minute now.

Finally allowing myself to relax on the heaven that was my bed. It felt like floating in clouds and the comforter cuddled my body like a big teddy bear offering the comfort I so much desired.

For the first time in my life I slept a dreamless night. I slept peacefully awaiting for what tomorrow would bring to me.