Chapter Twenty-Six

.... 😮 hello.... 🎶close to you... Close to me....🎶

The masquerade ball pt 3

Tristan

"You made it!" Mom squealed, she threw herself in my arms.

"I promised you didn't I?"

She nods vigorously. She presses a kiss to my cheek before pulling away.

"Once again happy birthday Martha."

"Thanks sweetie."

"Here." I said, stretching a gift bag towards her.

"Tristan, you already gave me two gifts today."

I snorted. "Mom, I only gave you one."

"You gave me two, tickets for a dream weekend in Bora Bora and yourself." She said smiling.

I flushed in embarrassment. "M... mom! J.. just take it already!" I stuttered in embarrassment. God this woman.

She accepts the gift without another word. I tugged at the tie. I swear she can be such a sap sometimes.

"This is such a huge turn out." She said staring at the crowd in awe.

"Who wouldn't wanna come to your parties? Last time I checked you throw the most lavish parties in New York City."

She smiles. "Alright I'm gonna put this with the other gifts, I'll be back." She said touching my arm.

I nodded. "Okay, I'm gonna go get myself a drink." I muttered.

She pinches my cheeks before frolicking away. Her long, purple dress trailing behind her. I leaned against the wall, closing my eyes. I hate parties. The crowd is making me nauseous. Be calm Tristan you just gotta endure it for two hours. Two hours and then I'm outta here.

The double doors open... i turned my attention to the person, who just came through it. My breath itch in my throat. Tiana flaunts through the door... her once dark as midnight hair, was gone replaced by white as snow hair.

Her hips swayed as she flaunts down the steps. She has gotten more beautiful, Jesus it's only been six weeks and she is just glowing.

I watched as Cathy wrapped her arms around her, pulling her closer.... what the hell I'm I doing anyways? I need to forget about her! I stared at the floor... I could feel a pair of eyes boring into me, looking up I came eye to eye with her.

Her lips were slightly parted as she stared at me. Tristan! Look away! Remember you need to keep your distance. Yes! I remember please be silent! I quickly looked away.... pushing myself off the wall, I headed for the stairs.

I needed to clear my head, being in the same room as her will only make matters worst. I could still feel her eyes boring into me as I headed up the staircase.

________________________________

After getting myself back under control I decided to go in search of mom. I was emotionally drained, I just wanted to go home. I know I promised her that I would stay for an hour or two... but god I couldn't bare it anymore.

I found her at the buffet table. She was talking to a blond hair girl. I tapped her on the shoulder.

"Ahhhhh Tristan!" She said, giving me a dazzling smile.