|| How You Became A Couple ||

[ EDITED ]

|| Meliodas ||

(Y/N)'s POV:

The sky was slowly getting blanketed with grey clouds, overshadowing the village and foreshadowing bad weather that would approach very soon.

I was walking with Gowther through the streets, no words exchanged between us at all. We were both looking for a lost Hawk who had wandered off with no warning and whoever found him first would get anything they wanted from Meliodas. And even though I didn't want to show it, I desperately wanted to win a date from him (it was the only excuse I could think of to ask).

However, the chances of that were slimming as the time dragged and the sight of the pig was not being found. As well as that, Elizabeth seemed to be having a big chance at that date rather than me. They have a bond with each other and I am certainly not going to lodge myself between that situation.

Gowther was calmly walking next to me, his face neutral as always. He was definitely not searching for the tiny pig though as he looked up into the skies, his mind clearly elsewhere. In contrast to him, my eyes were darting all over the setting, hoping for them to land on the fast blob of pastel pink.

"You seem eager, Miss (Y/N)." Gowther spoke, breaking the icy silence which was comfortable as it was.

"Really?" I questioned, "I don't think so." I pondered lightly, still frantically searching for the noisy animal.

"Yes. Is what you wish for from the Captain important to you?" He wondered, his head turning to face me and his golden eyes inquisitive. .

"Maybe it is!" I replied instantly, sounding more defensive than intended.

"I see. I shall help you then." He answered as his eyes finally went on searching.

"Thanks." I smiled before it faltered and then dropped into a confused pout, "...Why?" I followed with furrowed brows.

"Why?" He repeated, "You seem eager so I will help? Do you not want my help?" He asked.

"No, no, no, no. Your help would be very helpful, Gowther. Just wondering. Thank you." I replied with a smile, nodding at him gratefully.

"Yes. With what you have been doing with the Captain after hours I feel you would want my help." He stated with his usual stoic tone, leaning forward as he walked, exaggerating his search for Hawk.

My eyes widened and my footing halted, my limbs freezing surprise. "W-wha- How-- B-But we weren't-- tha- we... uh..." I stuttered and trailed, at a loss for words. Embarrassment would be the right word for it. Panic rippled through my veins, my body wanting to fold in on itself and cry.

After my kiss with Meliodas, we had gotten incredibly close (which is why my hopes for a date were high) and ended up meeting after the tavern had closed to spend some alone time together.

"I do not tend to sleep." He answered my unsaid question. "You had laughed too loudly one night. And from then I have heard you two mumbling together. At the back of the tavern."

I gulped largely and tried to contain my nervousness. I merely hummed in response as my cheeks flared a strawberry red in a flustered manner. I breathed out heavily, puffing out my cheeks as I turned the corner, awkwardly avoiding him.

As I turned I came face-to-chest with someone turning back in the opposite direction. My forehead clanged against the stranger's chest and sent me stumbling backwards. I raised my head slightly only to be met with a pair of sky blue eyes twinkling in the afternoon sunlight. They were extremely enchanting as it blended with a darker blue ring circling the iris. I subconsciously nibbled at my bottom lip as I admired the man who had knocked me over, his beauty sending me into a dazed trance.