Part 32

Epilogue 

I always wanted a family. 

I looked around on Christmas morning, and watched my beautiful children open their presents.

Marci was eight now. Enzo Jr. or E.J, was five. I sat on the couch, Enzo had his arm around my shoulders, and we had our coffee in our laps, blissfully watching the chaos unfold.

I rarely think back to anything before now. I have my moments, but who doesn't? We went through a lot. 

I got a call a few months after I was released out of the hospital. My mother was found dead in our old home.

Overdose.

I had to go to that house again, and go through her things, and get rid of them. I put the house up for sale. 

Another chapter of my life, closed.

I married Enzo and became Mrs. Costa. I love my life, and when we had E.J, I couldn't imagine our life getting any better.

Yet, here we are.

"Mommy it's your turn."

Marci handed me a package. To mommy, Love, daddy.

I smiled up at Enzo, opening the package, I found tickets.

"Greece?" 

"We never got to take that honeymoon, love."

I jumped up hugging him, "I can't wait!"

"Thank you, baby! I've always wanted to go there!"

"Alright daddy, your turn."

E.J walked over and handed Enzo his present.

He opened it up, and looked over everything.

It took him a minute, and he set it down gently, and stood up, lifted me up off the couch and kissed me.

"That's the best Christmas present I could have ever gotten."

He leaned down, and kissed my belly, whispering to it.

"Are you ever going to tell me what you whisper?"

"Ti amerò per sempre, I will love you forever."

I've gotten the family I've always wanted.

The End