Part 26

Enzo and I enjoyed a few more hours together. He wanted to show me the gym where he trains and meet everyone.

"Yo, Assassin, what's up man?" A guy with a bandanna on his head walks over to us and they shake hands.

"Not much man, I wanted to show my lady around, meet everybody, especially before the big matches coming up."

"Erin, this is J.C., J.C, this is Erin, the love of my life."

"Nice to meet you ma'am. Assassin doesn't shut up about you or Marci. He's a lucky man If I do say so myself." He said smiling at me.

"Easy." Enzo's face straightened. 

"I'm just messing around, man."

He laughed, walking off.

I met a few others, and, we made our way into the training room.

"So do you want to watch me box really quick? J.C wanted to get a warm up in, and I don't think you've seen me really do this before."

"I actually have, and I almost got stampeded."

"Ahh, but you weren't here for me then. Now I can have my own personal cheerleader." He smiled, looking down at me.

"Okay. But be careful please."

"I'm always careful,love."

I made my way back to the ring, and took a seat on the bleachers.

Enzo came out a few minutes later, wearing his shorts, and his gloves on.

My God. His muscles were bulging out, and he kept rolling back his shoulders, and loosening up before his match.

He looked over me and winked and got into the ring.

J.C came in after him, he was well built, not as big as Enzo, but he wasn't small either.

A crowd of men made their way over, and a few women, surrounding the ring.

One woman came over and sat near me. 

"Hey there, I'm Natalie." She smiled over at me.

"Erin."

"Nice to finally meet you, Erin. I've heard a lot about you from Enz."

My eye twitched hearing how she called him that, and not Assassin or Enzo. Maybe I was being jealous, and reading too much into it.

"I haven't heard anything about you, I'm sorry." I smiled kindly at her.

She scooted closer, smiling back.

"I doubt you would have. It's okay, I've heard you guys have been through quite the ordeal."

"Yeah, you could say that."

"Mhmm, I knew something was wrong when Enz just left, and never even said bye to me, of all people."

"Well, he's back now, so don't worry."

"Yes he is." She smiled.

I turned my attention back to the ring, and watched my man go back and forth with J.C. 

It was hard to watch, watching him take a hard hit from J.C, he already had a black eye.

What was going on with him? He never came home that beat up looking, He doesn't look like the same fighter I saw last year.

They took a break, and Enzo was staring this way, with a cold expression on his face.

"Oooh, poor Enz, looks like he's not doing so good. Hmm, that's strange."

Natalie purred into my ear.

The next round began, and Enzo kept looking back towards us, and he was not focused on his match. 

J.C got two more hits in, and Enzo stumbled back.

What the hell.

I stood up and began walking towards the ring, going to stand behind his corner.

He perked up some, and began fighting back a little better. But I don't think he truly recovered from those hard blows.

He came back into the corner again, and looked down at me.

"Are you okay baby? What happened?"

"I'm good. I got distracted. Just stand by my corner Angel, just so I know you're okay."

"Okay", I mumbled, confused.

"You got this, baby!" I yelled up at him, and he smiled, leaning down kissing my cheek.

He got back in the ring again, and this time he was quick, smart, and landed punches, and dodged the ones J.C sent. He was a beast. He took the ring over, and truly formed into Assassin. He lands a few more jabs, and J.C wobbled about, not responding like he should. The referee pushed Enzo away from J.C and declared it a T.K.O.

I jumped up and down yelling and they lifted up Enzo's arm. He walked over to J.C and they shook hands, and hugged, and he helped him out of the ring.

He made his way over to me, and leaned down and gave me a kiss on my lips. Sweat pouring down on top of me, but I didn't care.

He was truly every woman's fantasy.

He went to the locker room's to clean up and change quickly before we went home, and while he was back there, Natalie walked over to me, again.

"Well, well he pulled that one out of thin air."

I smiled at her, trying to ignore her, mentally pleading for Enzo to hurry the fuck up.

"So tell me Erin. How long do you think you'll keep him around?"

I turned my head so quick and looked in her direction.

"Excuse me?"

"Enz, how long do you think someone like you, ya know, not too fit, not too pretty, and had a baby with another man for crying out loud. How long do you think you'll keep him?"

"Who the fuck do you think you are?!" I screamed at her, attracting the attention of a few people around.

"Well I'm Enzo's girlfriend. That's who.  And I think it's time for you to go." She whispered into my ear.

I saw nothing but red, and I lurched forward, my hands going around her neck.