Part 3

I sat at home, alone. The hospital said they'd let me know if there were any changes, and I could come back and see her tomorrow. I felt helpless. Dean was working late again, and it didn't bother me tonight. I wanted to be alone. I wanted to think about how I lost the only woman who was a mother to me. How my best friend laid in a hospital bed, probably to never wake up again.

Dean came home around midnight, loosening his tie as he walked in the door.

"Hey Erin, you're still up?" he asked as he sat his briefcase down by the door.

"Yeah, I couldn't really sleep babe, thinking about too much."

"I'm sorry babe, let's go lay down, and try and get your mind off of everything, at least for a little while." he said rubbing my arms up and down.

He wanted sex, I already knew.

I laid down in bed, stripping my clothes, and sliding under the covers.

He went to the kitchen for a moment, and came back with two glasses of wine.

Oh, shit.

"Here babe, I figured this would loosen you up, and we could get some good rest tonight."

"Dean, I need to tell you something first." I got up, went to the desk, and pulled out a card. I laid back down beside him, and handed it to him.

"Happy Birthday baby...I was going to wait, but I think now is a good time." I told him.

He kissed the top of my head, and began to open it.

He read it smiling, and the more he read, the more his smile dissipated. By the end, he was very upset, and finally he looked up from the card, and stared at me.

"What the fuck is this, Erin?" His voice was shaking, as he looked at me.

"I'm pregnant, you're going to be a daddy." I said.

"How? We've been careful, I made sure you took your birth control." He raked his hands through his hair, gulping his glass of wine. "I never wanted kids. Ever."

"What?" I just looked at him, not knowing what to do or say.

"I. never. wanted. kids. Erin." he maintained.

"I thought you'd be happy, Dean, I love you, I am excited, We can be a family, all three of us."

"NO, ERIN!" he screamed at me.

"What is your problem?"

"Oh my God. I can't do this." he started to panic.

Okay so he isn't taking it well. But I mean, it's a shock. He'll be fine by tomorrow.

"I need to go to the gym, Erin, we will talk about this later. I need some time right now."

He left, not even grabbing his gym bag.

******

I sat in the room with Cali, holding her hand talking to her.

"I told Dean about the baby. He wasn't happy. I'm not sure about what to think, maybe he just needs time." I held her hand, rubbing my thumb over her hand.

"Cali, I need you to come back to me. I need you more than anything right now. I don't think I can do this without you....you're going to be an Aunt Cali, you're going to spoil him or her. We are gonna get old together, and be bad ass old ladies...please sister.. don't give up." I cried, holding her hand.

I spent some more time with her, wishing she would have responded, she didn't.

I left the hospital, and went to go find Dean. He never came home last night, and he texted me this morning he was headed to the gym after work today. I decided to go to his gym and pay him a visit. He can't avoid this, he can't avoid me.

I pull in the parking lot, and walk in, I immediately notice a group of guys, yelling and screaming in the back. I make my way and try and find Dean.

The guys were crowded around a boxing ring, and I watched as two guys went back and forth taunting each other, and jabbing back and forth.

"ASSASSIN, ASSASSIN, ASSASSIN!!" Most of the guys kept chanting that and I figured I'd never find Dean in this chaos around me.

I stayed around just a little longer, hoping that after this fight was over with, they'd all calm down and I could find him.

The darker haired man in the ring, kept dodging punches, and ducked down, and finally he lifted his glove to the mans face, and hit him so hard, the man fell backwards, slumped over the ropes, and he never got up.

"KO!" The crowd of guys went crazy and the chaos ensued.

I pushed myself back against the wall, and tried to move out of their way.

It was literal madness here, and I was starting to regret coming here.

I ended up getting shoved, and fell back onto the floor. I kept trying to get up, and I couldn't stand up.

"Grab my hand!" someone yelled at me.

I grabbed his hand, and was immediately pulled up and walked out to safety of the lobby.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up to thank the person who saved me and realized it was "Assassin" from the boxing ring. He was so big. He had dark hair, olive skin, and sweat running down his shirtless body. He was bleeding slightly above his eye, and his hair was matted against his head.

"Yes, thank you..I wasn't expecting that." I said.

"We usually don't have ladies around here around this time. It can get rowdy." he looked me over to make sure I was okay.

"Are you sure you're okay, do you need help? Are you looking for someone?" he asked me, looking around to see if someone was waiting on me.

"I'm fine, I promise, I came here to find my boyfriend, Dean."

"Dean isn't here...well at least I haven't seen him."

"Oh, I thought he'd be here. Maybe he went home after work, I should probably go check...thank you....umm...Assassin?"

"Enzo. My name's Enzo." he stuck his hand out to shake mine.

I grasped his hand, and shook. "Erin."

"Erin, what the fuck is going on?"

I turned to the doors, and watched Dean stalk towards me, and he was pissed.

Great.