Part 4

I stood there, frozen. Not knowing what to really do.

Dean walked over to Enzo and I, and dropped his bags on the ground.

"I said what is going on? What are you doing here?" he said leaning over me.

"I came to find you, we need to talk." I looked at him, and then towards Enzo, starting to feel awkward.

"I'm gonna leave you guys to it, Stay safe, Erin." He said to me, nodding his head towards Dean, and walking off.

"What does he mean, stay safe?" Dean looked at me turning his head to the side and folding his arms.

"I fell earlier, looking for you, he helped me up off the ground."

He mumbled something, I swear it sounded like unfortunately.

I stared at him for a second, and frowned, waiting on him to say something like ...are you all right? Is the baby okay? I'm so sorry I wasn't here when you got here. Let's go talk baby.

I just got the silent treatment.

"Dean, we need to talk about this. You never came home, you can't just do whatever you want anymore."

"Damn it, Erin! We are around my buddies here. I'm not discussing this right now. " He seethed.

"Go home. I will be there tonight, and yeah Erin, we are damn sure gonna talk about it."

He walked off from me, and headed back into the gym.

Unbelievable. I threw my hands up, shaking my head and walked off, headed home.

*******

I went home, and made dinner. I set the table, lighting candles, trying to make it nice. Even if we had a lot to discuss, it was his birthday, and I still wanted him to enjoy the night.

I put on my sexiest dress, made sure my hair and makeup were done to perfection.

Dean walked through the door, throwing his gym bag down, he looked at the table and back at me. He exhaled slowly, and rubbed his hand through his hair.

"Wow, Erin. This looks amazing...you look amazing. This for me?"

"Happy Birthday, baby."

I walked over to him and kissed him. He didn't push me away, and kissed me back.

We sat down, and began to eat, having casual conversation here and there, not bringing up the "b-word" yet.

After dinner, we sat down on the couch and Dean flipped a movie on.

"Dean, I think it's time to talk."

"Erin, I'm going to go ahead and stop you.I don't understand how you got pregnant. I do however, understand how much you want this child. I can tell. I love you, we have a good thing going for us. Just us. I am sorry. I really am. But I do not want this child. I don't want you to have it. We can just take care of it, and go back to the way things were."

I sat there for a moment.

"Dean, I'm not having an abortion. Especially because you tell me to. This child was conceived from love. Or so I thought! I want to be a mother, and I don't get why you are being like this." I spat out.

He sat up from the couch and looked at me for long time, not saying a word.

"I'll give you a month. Either get an abortion, or get out."

My mouth dropped open and I jumped up off the couch.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I yelled. "A month?? A month? You're going to give me a time limit? Obviously you're fucking mental. Who the hell are you?"

He kept nodding his head, as he stood up, not responding to me. He flipped the t.v off, and turned to me.

"Erin, that's how I feel, take it or leave it. That baby or me. I hope you make the choice best for you. So help me God, I won't hesitate to move on from you though." He walked off, and went to bed.

I stood in the living room for I don't know how long, in between crying, and staring out the window.

I finally drifted off to sleep, feeling a gnawing empty feeling in my heart.