Part 19

Enzo

It's been a week.

A week since I told her the truth. A week since I've gotten to kiss her. A week since I've felt our daughter kick. 

Seven fucking days since I've even spoken with her. She rejects my calls. She doesn't respond to my texts.

I have been crashing on the couch of my buddies from the gym. 

I have been lost.

I had to hire a live in housekeeper so that she isn't alone. I don't know what to do anymore.

I took my aggression out in the ring, staying most days and nights there training.

I decide I need to go to talk to Cali, and let her know what's going on if Erin hasn't already.

I walk into her hospital room, and she is sitting up eating. Her fork is mid way to her mouth and she pauses just staring at me.

She slowly lowers it to her plate, and pushes it away.

"I knew you'd be back." She quietly says.

"We need to talk."

"Yeah? About what? How I was clearly in a coma and you came and made your move onto my best friend? Or how you have always had this sick obsession with her? You're not good news Enzo. Is this the reason she isn't talking to me?"

"I told her the truth, something I think you need to hear from start to finish."

"Yeah, maybe it's time."

I told her everything, not leaving a single sad detail out. All the way up until her waking up.

Cali sat in her bed crying, listening, looking away.

"You saved her."

"I always wanted to."

"Why did I never put it together Enzo? Why did I never give you a chance? OH MY GOD. I introduced her to that monster!"

She began sobbing into her hands, I slowly walk over, unsure of what to do.

I put my hand on her shoulder and kinda pat it. Not sure of how she'd respond.

She grabs my hand and pulls me down, hugging me.

"Thank you, so much Enzo...brother."

I finally feel free. I've told the truth to both of them. I just needed Erin to forgive me.

"So what are you going to do? I mean, surely she can't still be mad, I see why she doesn't understand, but at the same time, you risked everything, just to make sure she was okay."

"I am not sure. She's had a lot harder life than me and you combined. She's been broken for a long time. I don't know what to do Cali. I love her so much, and all I want is her to be happy. For us to be a family. To raise the baby together." I cried.

"Enzo, I think it's time you went over there. She will be giving birth any day now. You have got to make this right. Do whatever you need to."

I nod, kissing her cheek goodbye, I walk out of the hospital and head towards my home.

I arrive to the door, and stand there for a few moments. I try and gain my composure, and calm my emotions. 

I slowly open the door and enter, I don't hear anything, and I walk further in. I see the housekeeper in the kitchen, and I walk in to speak with her.

"Hey Mrs. Williams, how has she been doing?"

"Enzo. I didn't expect to see you."

She finished wiping the counter down, and made us some coffee and we sat down at the counter.

"Erin's been very depressed. I'm extremely worried about her. All she does is cry and sleep. Watching sad movies, not talkative, her phone stays on the nightstand, she's a zombie practically. I sure hope you're here to talk to her young man. That little girl needs to get ready to become a mother and she damn sure doesn't need to bring a baby into this mess!"

The older lady stood up, and went back to cleaning. I sat there, mentally thinking I needed to increase her pay. Damn.

I walked down the hall, and made my way into the bedroom. Erin was laying on her side, her back to the door, I could hear her slightly snoring. 

I smirk, walking over quietly and I sit down on the bed, and I place my hand on her back.

"Baby?"

I ask, and she jerks, but doesn't roll over, so I know she hears me.

"Honey, I can't take this anymore. Please talk to me. I miss you so fucking much. I need you."

She rolls over, and I see her face, her eyes are puffy and swollen.

"Enzo?"

"Yeah baby it's me. I am sorry I woke you. But we really need to talk." 

"I've missed you so much Enzo." She started sobbing again.

"I'm right here love, I don't have to ever leave you again." I put my arms around her, holding her as she cried.

"I thought you were a dream again."

"No, I'm here." I kissed the top of her head.

"I'm so sorry. I should've called you back earlier. I just didn't feel very well. I wanted to tell you I understand. I do. It might have taken some time alone to figure it out baby, but I love you and thank you for everything you've ever done for me an---owww fuck."

"What's wrong baby?"

"I think that was a contraction."

"Oh my God, OH MY GOD, let's get to the hospital."

I go to pull her up and the entire bed is soaked, blood is everywhere and when Erin sees it she starts to panic. 

"No, no, noooo Enzo she's coming. Baby please."

She begins leaning over holding her belly, and gritting her teeth together.

"Breath baby, breathe through it. It's going to be okay."

It has to be, right?