Part 16

I was released from the hospital a week later. Now that the cops knew everything we could actually go home.

Our real home.

No longer are married couple.

So many thoughts went through my head.

Do I go home with him? Do we still sleep in the same bed? I'm afraid to ask. I know when we had no choice it was okay, but what if he's having second thoughts?

We were only two hours away from the hospital so they gave us permission to go home, but I'm on bed rest once we get there.

"Hey Enz, where are we going?"

He kept his eyes on the road, grabbing my hand.

"I'm taking you to my home babe. It's the penthouse, and security is tight. I've had a friend come and clean every once in a while and she stocked the fridge when I told her I was headed back."

I nodded, giving him a small smile.

We pulled into the parking garage and he helped me out the seat.

He kept his arm on my back, ushering me to the elevator.

He opened the door for me, and we walked inside.

"Alright, let's get you to bed. We don't want baby girl coming anytime soon."

He pulled me into the room, and it was dark. Red and black throughout the entire room.

" This is totally you."

He smiled, and I sat down on the bed.

He pulled my shoes off, and pants, and he made his way to my shirt.

He pulled it over my head, leaving me naked.

He sharply took a breath and whispered "You're beautiful."

My heart fluttered and I placed my hand upon his cheek.

"I need you." I ran my other hand down his leg.

"We can't baby."

I sighed loudly causing him to laugh.

"In you go. Get some rest. I have some things to take care of. The police have the building protected, and there is security downstairs. I'll be back later with some food."

He lays the remote down beside me and gives me a quick kiss on my lips.

He left and I missed him immediately.

I flipped the tv on, and started browsing.

I stopped upon the news and became sick.

Dean's picture flashed upon the screen as wanted in all states for attempted murder and trafficking.

His coworkers conducted interviews saying how shocked they were. Blah, blah, blah.

I watched the whole report and thankfully no mention of me or Enzo.

I dozed off eventually slipping into a peaceful slumber.

I felt the bed move and reached out, finding Enzo's arm.

I struggled to open my eyes, trying to adjust to the darkness.

"Go back to bed love, it's late."

I smiled hearing his voice and drifted back off.

******

The next morning I woke up to kicking and flipping in my stomach.

I sit up some resting against the pillows. I lay my hands on my belly, rubbing my hands over it.

"Good morning, angel. You're very active today."

Enzo rustled around finally opening his eyes and looking up at me.

"Mornin." he huskily said.

"Good morning." I beamed back.

I reached down and pulled his hand to my stomach and told him to hold it there.

He closed his eyes and waited. Finally she gave a small kick, making Enzo jump up.

"Oh my God, I felt her."

He put both hands on me and leaned down talking to my belly.

"Hi baby. This is daddy. I love you so much. Can you move for me?"

She started kicking hard to his voice and I knew at this moment this is where my life was meant to be.

"I love you Enzo Costa."

"I love you, baby."

He reached up and kissed me slowly, deeply.

He ran his hands over my cheek, and flipped my hair behind me, running his kisses down to my neck.

I felt myself become wet, missing his touch.

I leaned back and let him kiss down my body.

He stopped abruptly and sat up.

"I'm sorry, the doctor said no stimulation, sex, orgasms nothing. I got carried away..." his voice drifted off.

I looked down and saw how hard his cock was pushing against his boxers.

"Ughhh!" I pick up a pillow and scream into it.

Enzo stands up and slowly made his way to the shower. A cold one I presume.

I decided to call the hospital for the first time in forever.

The doctor who has been monitoring Cali got onto the line with me.

"Hey Erin, it's been a while. Cali, well it's actually amazing.  She has had tremendous improvements over the past month or so. She's been responding to our voices. Moving her fingers, grunting. If I had to say, she might need to hear your voice and it's possible she'd improve even more. There's still no telling when she could wake up but it doesn't hurt to try."

When Enzo walked in I was crying hanging up the phone.

"Baby, what's going on?"

"I need to talk to Cali."