Down The Mississippi

Start from the beginning

We walked down the pathway, 10k and I taking up the back. 10k was staring right at Murphy, his eyes locked, like he waited to drill a hole in his head. So I don't care if the two of you never say a word to each other again, but we aren't killing each other or rip each other part or biting anyone. Well at least they aren't killing each other, but they haven't said a word for a few hours now. Honestly, I need to hear someone other than Doc talking about how things used to be, or Addy and Warren making plans is something were to happen. Vasquez hasn't said a word either, but he's more focused on getting his bounty of Murphy. I looked down at my feet and stared. How long have I been lipping?

I looked up and sighed, staring at the group as a hole. I'll just drag them down now, what if my leg gets infected? What if I can't see this to the end because I'm too weak to carry on? What if- I was pulled out of my own thoughts by bumping into Murphy. He turned and stared down at me. "Watch it." he said to me before I sighed and walked past him. "Hey, don't push yourself." he called out to me. I turned to him and stared. "I'm fine." I said to him. "Are you happy now?" 10k asked Murphy. I started running a head of the group.

I stopped and looked around, I had followed the only path and sighed. "I can't keep doing this. I have to trust myself and my own thoughts." I muttered to myself. What did I think right now? "Oh, god I was stupid." I muttered. I grabbed my hair and tried to calm myself down, on;y to fall to knees. 'How much more stupid can you get?' I looked up to see one of the typical bullies standing there. "You're dead go away." I said up to it. They smiled at me before I blinked. I turned my head to the path and saw no one. "Get up. Don't just sit there, or you'll become Zombie chow." I turned and watched as Vasquez walking past me. "Don't talk to her like that." Warren said to him. "It's the truth isn't it?" he asked her. She pushed him to walk on as Addy shook her head. "Get up Geneva." Warren said to me. I slowly took her hand and she pulled me up.

"Now, I know you're work out things. You sister leaving you, Cassandra's death, but that's no reason to give up. It's a reason to push on, push back harder." Warren said to me and I slowly nodded at her. She held my hand, her thrum in my plum. "People need you and you do well to remember it." she said to me and I looked down at my shoes. She raised my head and I stared at her. "Remember that." she said as she pointed at me. "Ok Warren." I said to her and she turned, walking over to Vasquez. They walked on as I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to face Addy she smiled at me and I smiled at her. She hugged me, pulling me close. "Hey, we're all here." she said and I nodded at her. She walked after Warren and I stood there watching. "Oh kid, things will get better. We'll get Murphy to the lad and all will go back to the way is should." Doc said and I looked over at him. "You really believe that?" I asked him. "Have to, or why else would I push on." Doc said. He watched the group for a moment, before shaking his head and walking after the group.

"Don't look so down Queen of Lies. You use more muscles that way." I stared up at Murphy. "What, it's the truth." he said to me. "We don't need family like that." he said to me. "I know you gave up Lucy." I said to him. He stared down at with huge eyes. "You will not say a word about that, you understand." he said to me. "Yay, I'm not one of your blends, you can't tell me what to do." I said to him, walking with group. "Oh, but I can tell the truth." he said, making me stop. I heard him walk up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "You and I both know the truth." he said to me. "I don't know what you're talking about." I said to him. "Oh ya." he said and grabbed my thrum. "Then what's this?" he asked me. "She cut her thrum on a tree." 10k said to him and I nodded. "Huh, sure it is." Murphy said and walked off. I followed him with my eyes as he walked on.

I turned back and face 10k. I stared up at him as he sighed. He started to walk with the group as I stood there. I felt his glove before I looked up at him. He pulled off his snip and handed it to me. I throw it on my back and without saying hopped on his back. We met back up with group and started to walk again. I stared at Murphy's head for a moment before realized 10k was doing the same. I could see some of 10k face and he didn't look happy. I looked over to face the back of Murphy head and this time Murphy turned and stared at us. I gave his a small wave as I rolled my eyes at him. He walked closer to the group as I looked ahead. "He's an ass." I muttered. 10k nodded as we stayed with the group. "I can't believe she left." I muttered and I could see 10k looked at me. "She didn't even say anything. She lied, said she'd be right back, but she left." I said to him. "You two really are twins." Murphy said and turned to face us. I didn't say a word to him and he turned back to face the group.