Epilogue Part 2

DAISY

I stand up to turn around and see him standing there with his hands into his dress pants pocket furrowing his thick, black eyebrows and his jawline clenched up.

I smooth down my dress suit and stand up straight moving my high heels side to side due to nervousness.

Caleb stands beside me with his tall height hovering over me, even when I still have high heels on.

"Jack, he has to know." I say.

Jack towards me as his heels tap on the marble floor. He stands in front of us as he licks his lips and runs his hand down through his chin and lifts a finger up.

"You know, I thought the other day, what we clearly talked about if you do, you'll know what will happen." He says.

"What? Mom, what is this man talking about?" Caleb asks as he looks at me then back to Jack.

"Hey, you watch it! I'm your father and you don't -"

"You don't tell me what to do, Jack!" Caleb steps in front of him as they start arguing back and forth as I step in between them and back both of them.

"Jack, stop!" I push him off of Caleb as Jack breathes heavily and fixes his suit.

"You should watch out because the next time, you're out." Jack points to Caleb.

"Oh yeah?! I don't care what you do! You don't scare me, old man! So go ahead! Kill me!" Caleb shouts over me as my hand is onto his chest.

"Caleb, be quiet and stop!" I tell Caleb.

"What are you shutting me up for?! I know just about everything! I know that Jack is not my real father."

I step back to stand next to Jack while my eyes are wide open and my mouth hung open.

"What? What did you just say, Caleb?" I ask him softly.

He lowers his breathing and sits down on the couch, "I know who was my dad, mom. I know why you and this man fight constantly. I know why you got married to him and why you moved here to Mexico. Everything, mom! You thought that I wouldn't find out all about this? I knew it all along."

"Baby, how did you find out?" I walk to sit next to him.

"I found a few files that you had left sticking out in the closet one day. I was looking for you in the closet since you weren't anywhere and then I saw those files. In the files were pictures of us. Dad, you, and I. We were smiling for the camera on Christmas Day. Tons of pictures of us and you with dad before I was born." His head hangs low as he speaks making me kind of receive a ball forming into my throat that's not making me breathe well.

I gulp down hard, "Why? Why did he leave us and why did you stay with this man who doesn't even love you?" Caleb lifts his head up as a piece of his silky, brown hair falls on his forehead just like Derek would always have.

"Caleb it's- it's difficult to explain." I try not to let my tears fall down since I still remember how the love of my life died.

"Just tell me. I deserve to know what happened to him because he's my father." He points to himself angrily.

I turn to look up at Jack and see if he's willing to tell him that the one who murdered him is right in front of him.