35

DAISY

Next morning, I sat at the long glass table alone with a single plate filled of fruits.

I picked one up with my forks, and popped one in my mouth chewing it slowly, then swallowing it down my throat leaving the table since I wasn't so hungry.

I mean, why would I be hungry when I can't when my son is out there alone?

I got inside my room, and sat on the edge staring at the ground.

"Mommy, can you tell me what love is? I see that you and daddy say 'i love you' each time you're with him." Caleb said, while I helped him pack his lunch for school.

"Well, baby. You don't know exactly what or why it used, but you'll learn soon. Love is something you express to the other that you're head over heels for them. Love is when you feel something inside you, that you want to keep forever and never let go. Saying 'i love you' is when you tell the truth to the other you're completely in love with, and show them that you're being honest by looking at them in the eye. An example, Derek and I. We show each other how much we love each other and tell how much. Which of course, our love is big and crystal that no one will ever be able to break. Someday you'll learn the real world and show your wife or girlfriend that you really like them." I packed a couple cut apples in his bag, and closed it.

I helped him put on his backpack, and leaned down to his height.

"Mommy, someday I want to be like you and daddy. I want to protect my wife, love her like you say it to dad, show her how much I want to be with her, and I want a beautiful wife as beautiful as you, mommy. I love you." He leaned in, and hugged me tightly as I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

"Thank you son. I promise I'll never stop loving you and I will always protect you."

"Daisy?" I heard Derek's voice in my room.

He swallowed a lump on his throat, and sat next to me.

"Jack called."

I faced him, with wide eyes. "What?"

"He called. Last night. He has Caleb." Derek said lowly, then standing up going to his drawer taking out a gun.

I stood up as well, "Well we have to go get him. Jack can do something to him. We have to go! How much money does he want?" I couldn't control myself after knowing that Jack has my son.

He sighed, "He doesn't want any money. Nothing. He wants to trade for something else."

My mouth hung before I talked furrowing my eyebrows, "What does he want then? Drugs? What is it?!"

"I can't. You'll just have to find out over there. Just, let me tell you one thing." He got closer to me holding my hands.

"If we ever get separated, just please, please don't forget about me. I will always love you and you'll always be on my mind and Caleb as well. Be careful out there, and don't let nobody else hurt you. Someday we'll be together, again."

I was confused, why is he saying this to me.

"Derek, what's wrong? Why are you saying this?" I asked, as he kissed my forehead.

"C'mon, let's get going. Time is wasting." He says ignoring my question.

I brushed it off, and followed him downstairs and into his car speeding off to wherever Jack wants to see us.

Oh, Jack. He's going to pay for this. I will make his life miserable after this. I'll make sure that he dies today.

+