6

DAISY

Next morning, I got up early to meet at the airport since it's her last day here in Omaha. I'm really gonna miss her no matter what. She's always been there when I couldn't handle it anymore. I still can't believe that we're gonna be apart for the very first time in our lives when we have never been apart.

I did my morning routine, and grabbed my keys to my car and drove out of the garage and headed to the airport speeding so I wouldn't miss the flight just in case cause you never know if the flight calls in early or late. So I had to be there.

|||

I saw sofia sitting down on the waiting area with her parents.

"Hey, I'm here early." I said as she looked up her phone.

"Eeeeh! I thought you weren't gonna come since you're always sleeping before 12 and after 12." She said hugging me.

"Hi, Mrs and Mr Solares." I greeted them.

"Good morning, daisy. It's actually nice that you've had decided to accompanied us before our flight called. You were always my favorite one, you're so nice and caring and-"

"Hey!" Sofia came in. "I thought I'm the princess and favorite." She said putting her hand on her chest faking like she's hurt.

"Sofia, you'll both be princesses and favorites for us." She said.

Before I said something, a woman on the speakers announced that flight B-4 is open.

"Well, that's your flight." I said sadly looking at her ready to cry.

As soon as I said that, she started sobbing.

I hugged her really tight and cried in her arms too.

"No, don't cry. It's gonna be ok. In 3 months, we'll get to see each other again." I said sniffling.

I let go and let her walk to her line while I hugged her parents saying goodbye.

"Take care of my best friend please." I said pointing at her.

Her mom nodded and both walked to where they were already taking their tickets.

|||

After I left the airport, I went back to my house and met my parents in the living room as the smell of tobacco hit through my nostrils.

"Hey guys." I said laying next to them.

"Hey, so how was your trip?" My mom asked.

I sighed, "well, not good especially watching my best friend go." I said.

"Aww, well it's ok. You'll be able to video chat with her so no problem." She said it with happiness.

"Plus, cheer up. Just focus on the wedding and also we're going to the boutique with Jack's mom to pick out your wedding dress and then go to the tasting cake bakery. Ooh, I'm just so excited for you." She said lightly squeezing my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes secretly and just went along with it.

"When is the wedding actually?" I asked wondering why we're in a rush when planning one takes about 5 months or something like that.

"Baby, we're planning it to be next month."

"What?! Why?! Usually it takes about two three months or a year to plan." I stood up and faced her shockingly.

"Baby, we want you to start descending before times runs out." She said.

"Mom are you crazy?! I -" I stopped myself from saying something that I would regret, so I just left to my room and tried contacting sofia but she didn't answer.

I closed my laptop and fell on the bed letting out a big groan.

This is not supposed to be happening. This can't be. It's so unfair that all the other people outside get to have fun enjoying and partying except for me that I have to leave my single life and start being a married woman.

¶¶¶

Much love, Stephanie