10

DAISY

After I got back from the grocery store, I organized and put everything where it needed to be.

4 hours later.

It's been 4 hours, and Jack still hasn't gotten home. I mean, I know that he's not my true love and just a simple husband, but I'm worried about him.

What if something happened to him? What if he just doesn't come back and ran away from me?

I decided to call Jack's mom to check if he was with them.

I dialed her number and waited for her to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mrs gilinsky. How are you?"

"Im fine sweetie, how about you?"

"Same. And how was last night?"

"Oh! It was crazy. Your mom got really drunk and started dancing on the tables and almost fell. God, your dad had to take her dragging down to the car." She lightly chuckled.

"Oh really?! Oh my gosh that's so embarrassing."

Now I know who I got the dancing around and on the table when I was drunk.

"It's nothing, your mom always been like that ever since." She said.

"Wait, how do you know?" I asked confused.

"Yes, your mom and I used to be best friends. And we would always have fun and do what the teens are doing today but only different. That's how she and David met." She said.

"What?! And my mom never told me that you guys knew each other?! That's crazy!" I told surprised.

"Yeah, I thought she told you her one of her teenage stories."

"No, she only told me how she and my dad met at a party." I said.

"Well, now you know a part where I was her best friend. And we're still are."

"Wow, I didn't know that. I'm surprised by that."

"Yeah, so how's you and Jack going?"

"Well, that's the thing I called for. I just wanted to ask if he's there with you guys. He hasn't been here the whole day. I woke up and didn't see him. Not even when he left." I said biting my nails.

"Well, he's not here. He hasn't even come to see us or get any of his leftovers in his room."

"Was he always home with yall?"

"Mhmm, not really. But he would always come before 7:00. Did you call him?"

"I don't have his number."

"Well, I'll give you his number and try to call him, ok?"

She gave me his number and said goodbye to her nicely.

|||

I sat playing with my food staring down at the spaghetti and meatballs that was getting cold. Then stared right up at the other plate infront of me that I set for jack.

I sighed and exhaled pushing my hair back. I took a sip of water and got up getting my plate leaving Jack's.

I called him multiple times, and he wouldn't answer. I left him voice-mails and waited for an answer but nothing.

|||

2:00 am

I opened my eyes, and hear noises coming from the hallway.