2

DAISY

I woke up on the cold hard wooded floor and rubbed my sticky eyes sniffing my nose. I thought that last night was a dream, but it wasn't. It was true. Real life. I lost everything.

And by everything I mean I lost sammy. The one I loved forever. The one I wanted to be him who I was gonna marry for real.

Getting out of my thoughts, I heard a knock on my door. Ugh, I didn't want to hear no one right now nor see.

"Daisy? Please open up." My mom's voice said.

"Go away! You've got what you wanted. I broke up with Sam last night! Now leave me alone! You guys have done too much!" I yelled through the door.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry but you should understand." She muffled.

I opened the door and see her standing with a tray of food. My favorite food of all times. Italian food. (Top best food #1).

"I brought you something to eat. And I know. I heard everything."

Wow, were we really that loud last night?

I didn't want to waste time in arguing anymore, so I left her standing there.

I actually felt bad for leaving her seeing that she cares about me, but I can't let the sweetness of her hit me. For what she did, I'm not very happy for this.

I went to take a shower, and put on a white crop top, Jean rompers, and my white vans. Then I let my hair fall down and waved it. I added a little bit of makeup and sprayed perfume on my neck.

After I was dressed, I went downstairs and looked for my parents. I saw them out in the garden eating, and walked to them.

"Mom, Dad I'll be right back. I'm going to the mall today with Sofia." I said turning around.

"But Daisy, we have to set up everything for tonight. Jack is coming with his parents to meet you." My mom said, as dad continued eating like nothing is happening.

"What? But mom, Sofia and I planned to spend time before she leaves to Bahamas. I just can't reject her. You know she's moving right? Somewhere in a place that's like miles away from here?" I said.

"Daisy, listen to your mom. You can invite her tonight so she can see who you'll be married with." Dad said as he went through the newspaper flipping pages.

I didn't want to argue anymore, so I just turned around and left to my room.

I dialed sofia's number and waited for a response while it rung.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sofie. I'm just calling to tell you that our plan has been off for today."

"What?! Whyyyy?! Today is my last day being here and you know that I won't be here anymore."

I sighed, "I know, but the only chance is to come for dinner and meet my future husband."

"What?! What do you mean? You're getting married?! Oh my gosh daisy, congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Finally sammy had the balls to ask you! I mean, I know he can be a jerk sometimes but- hey, daisy are you crying?"

I sobbed lightly and wiped my tears away.

"Problem is, that I broke up with him, sofie. I had to. I know I didn't tell you this, but I'm having an arranged marriage with someone I don't know! I don't know why my parents are doing this. I thought they want to see me happy and proud of me when I have my right one, but no honestly they want to see me suffer."

"Are you serious?! But have you met him already?"

"That's why I couldn't hang out with you, because he's coming today with his parents. I'm sorry."

"No that's fine, if you want I'll stop packing and drop by later to support you."

I sniffled and grew a smile upon my lips.

"Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Girl, y know that I'll be there whether how close or far we're by. You're my best friend and we'll always get through hard times together. So yeah, I'd even jump a bridge for you. Oh and I'll risk 10 years in jail for cutting his peaches off if he ever hurts you."

I bitterly laughed at what she said at the end, but also because she's always been with me ever since middle school and she's always supporting me in everything and doing crazy things with me. I love her so much that I'm thankful I have a best friend like her.

"Thanks, I don't know what I would do without you if we've never met."

"You'll be probably still a nerd like in middle school. And thanks to me, I helped you change your fashion looks and put you into exercising cause honey, you'll be looking like fat Albert right now if it wasn't for me."

"You always cheer me up, Sofia. Thanks for being my best friend. Really."

"Aww, stop before you make me cry. Foreal foreal, I'm like a centimeter away from reaching my tears. Anyways, I'll be there later. Bye. Love you."

"Bye."

After I hanged up, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in."

They opened the door revealing my mom.

"Are you ready?"

I nodded and grabbed my purse and wallet along with my phone closing the door behind me.

We got in the car and started heading to the fancy boutique that we always go for when we have events or junk like that.

We stayed quiet and didn't say anything to each other as the radio played, Alphabet Boy by Melanie Martinez. Although, that was my favorite song and I usually dance and sing to it, I wasn't in the mood for it.

I just wished that this was a long, periodically dream.

✖✖✖

Stay Rad, Stephanie.