32

DAISY

I turned around making the bed jump trying to sleep. But I couldn't.

It's too hard not having someone by your side at night. It feels so hurt, and depressing.

While, I was trying to sleep, I heard noises downstairs. Okay, sometimes i can be a coward and get scared cause I sometimes don't know if someone got in our house, but I ignored it. Maybe I was just hearing things that aren't there.

Later that night, now i was getting scared. Clinking noises and footsteps kept hitting on the floor and chairs moving around.

I slowly sat up, and grabbed the bat that was on the floor turning the door knob slowly and carefully trying not to make any noise.

I tip toed down the hall to the flight of many stairs, that it took me about 3 minutes just to get down.

I finally stepped on the cold, hard floor tip toeing again.

There were the noises again. As much closer I got, the more my heart rapidly beated.

I peeked through the kitchen, and see derek's back facing me. He was sitting at the bar, chugging down a shot.

"Derek?" I lowered my bat.

He turned around, and I could see his eyes red and baggy with dark circles around his eyes.

"What do you want?" He bluntly asked turning again to pour down some tequila on his small glass.

"Derek, why are you doing this?" I asked softly.

"It's not worth it. Our relationship is ruined."

I felt taken a back by what I think he was trying to say.

"What do you mean?" I came closer to him.

"You're gonna leave me here alone, and take Caleb away from me. And I won't see you anymore, because your love for me is not the same as mine." He said after chugging down another shot.

I took the glass away from him, and set it aside.

"Derek don't say that, I won't ever do that. Especially take Caleb away from you and not see him ever again. I love you, and I'm gonna be here through thick and thin." I stopped for a second going back to when Jack had said he'll be there through thick and thin, but I brushed it off and kept going. "And it hurts me drinking yourself away when this happens, I don't like seeing you like this."

He turned his head to me, and I could see one side already crying as the other began.

I brought him into my arms, kissing the top of his head. "I'm a horrible husband! You don't deserve this. Caleb doesn't deserve me as a father becasue he deserves the best." He cried out.

"No, you're a great husband and father, you actually helped me go on and flip the next page of my life. If it weren't for you, I don't know where I could be or be doing. And Caleb wouldn't have been here. And I'm thankful that I found you and that you made me fall in love with you. Your love for me is real. And so is mine. And I know we fight, but that's why there's something called 'working it out', but don't ever forget that I love you Derek Luh." I stated, and brought my lips to his, kissing with passion and real.

He grabbed my face, and kissed back roughly. We let go, and touched our foreheads together.

"You make me feel so much better. Thank you, Daisy Sonam Luh." He said.

"Now come on, let's go back to bed. It's late." I say, guiding him upstairs.

-

NEXT MORNING

I woke up by the loud snores of Derek, and it was getting really annoying by how his mouth opened and closed while breathing in and out.

I put a pillow under my face groaning from annoyance. Guess he was super tired from what happened last night.

And I actually felt bad from last night because all of the things he said really hurt me and those words when he said that he thought I was gonna leave him for something that didn't even matter to me because I knew that Jack isn't worth a grand anymore. So I'm not gonna let him get in our relationship and ruin it.

"Good morning sleepy head." I heard derek's mumbling voice.

I didn't even notice when he had stopped snoring since I was in my thoughts.

I took the pillow off, and threw it at him.

"What?" He giggled messing up his silky hair.

"I'm still sleepy, and you woke me up from your loud snores. You sounded like a bear." Iaughed.

"A sexy bear. Not any just type of bear." He got on top of me, and hovered over my body.

He started by kissing my lips, and going down trailing and sucking harshly.

I missed this so much ever since Caleb was born and till now cause Caleb sleeps with us since he's scared of the dark. I moaned from pleasure and feeling sparks all over my body, and could feel a pool inside my underwear.

He holded my hand, and squeezed it softly. He was about to go south, when a loud ringtone went off making us jump up.

Derek groaned, and got up reaching for his phone. "What?" He asked frustrated.

He talked for a few seconds, then hanged up letting out a big sigh.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I asked, as he pulled his white shirt on walking into the closet.

"My dad wants us to pick up Caleb. He has a meeting to go to." His voice echoed through the room.

I walked inside the closet watching Derek's back muscle move everytime he picked something out. I wrapped my arms around his torso, then kissed his bare tan back.

"Hey, you ok?" I asked, putting my cheek on his back admiring his scent of mint and alcohol.

He turned around, looking down at me just staring with his big brown eyes. "It's just that we don't even get to spend at least one day with each other," he paused.

"But, we're always together. Caleb, you, and me. And we're a happy family. We always spend time with each other, and that's good because I like being with you and Caleb. You guys are my life."

"No, what I mean is that just you and I don't have time for each other. Like, make love and show how much we love each other." He sighed.

"Derek, so you're saying that Caleb is the one in our way of our love life?" I was now confused whether I think he regrets having him being brought into our life. I crossed my arms and scoffed.

"No! Daisy, I love Caleb and I didn't mean it like that. I'm just trying to tell you that we should sometime have ourselves and go to a vacation. You know go to Cancun or Los Cabos to have a romantic night." He brought my face to his, and kissed my forehead.

"Come on, what do you say? Just you and me, and I'll make it the best night ever in your whole life." He spoke as his breath hit my face.

I chuckled at the thought that he when he meant that he meant bang me so hard until I couldn't walk anymore.

"Okay, just plan it whenever and we'll try our best to tell our son about it." He said softly.

I hope he takes it easy.

¶¶¶

Much love, Stephanie