Chapter 31-Prisoner of...

Start from the beginning

I don’t know why I am here or why Stephan allowed this to happen but it must be to protect me in some way. Maybe he is pretending to go along with these people to somehow spy on them and then we will take them down before they can harm the pack. But why would he not tell me of his plans. Maybe to make certain I didn’t blow all of his hard work by not looking surprised. If I didn’t trust Stephan so much I would be freaking out and trying to claw my way out of this beautiful place. He has to have some plan.

I heard a click of the door and turned to see a maid coming into the room. I smiled at her but she never met my eyes.

“Ma’am I have brought your dinner. Is there anything else you require before I go?” she asked.

“Yes, I need to speak with Stephan please,” I informed her.

“I am sorry ma’am but that will not be possible. Master Stephan has left and I am not sure when he intends to visit again,” she said.

“You mean he is gone,” I said in disbelief. He wouldn’t leave me on my own with these people would he? With never looking me in the eye she nodded in my direction.

“What am I to do here?” I queried.

“That is not for me to say ma’am. I am just a servant. I can only bring things for you,” she told me.

“No I don’t need anything else and thank you for the food,” I said. At least they weren’t going to starve me to death. She nodded again and made her way out the door. The food in front of me was a feast. She had brought me roasted herb chicken with spring vegies, a baked potato with the fixings, a bowl of strawberries, and a large glass of sweet ice tea. I was really hungry and ate everything that was brought to me. The maid returned soon after I had finished eating to gather the dishes. When she came in the room I asked her, “What is your name?”

“My name is Andrea ma’am,” she said before she swept out the door quickly dishes in hand. I noticed a large bookshelf in the back corner of the room. I found a book and went to the balcony. I love reading outdoors. My mind just can’t get into the book though. I really need to talk to Stephan because until I know what is going on and why I am here I am going to be on edge. They obviously aren’t trying to hurt or kill me…yet.

Dylan pov

Something is wrong! Something is very, very wrong! I can feel it in my bones. We have searched every nook and cranny of the entire pack lands and no sign of either of them have been found. My phone went off and I recognized Stephan’s ringtone. I flipped open my phone lightning fast and answered.

“Where the hell are you?!” I growled into the phone.

“Well, well Alpha boy don’t get your knickers in a twist,” Stephan chuckled darkly.

“What is going on? You are a dead man if even one hair on her head is harmed!” I said into the phone.

“Now come on Dylan you should be kissing my ass right now because I have the one thing you want, but I am thinking now I may just keep her” he threatened.