Sweet and Sour (Kanato)

He can be sweet at one moment but completely sour the next.

FYI, in this story, Kanato is going to have more of a bitter type of attitude instead of throwing tantrums a lot. So just letting you all know.

Its was currently lunch hour for Y/n L/n at Ryoutei academy, and the cafeteria is once again filled with people.

You were walking with your best friend(bf/n) to the cafeteria. And she seemed tense about something.....

Y/n:"Is there something wrong bf/n?"
Bf/n:"O-oh I am just a little nervous, I am nervous because I might run into him again..."

Basically bf/n is referring to Kanato Sakamaki, she had been having feelings for him for a very long time, but she was always to scared to tell him, and whenever she sees him, she will start twitching like a maniac.

You then grabbed her shoulders at the doors to the cafeteria.

Y/n:"Look bf/n you need to get over thus anxiety, just tell him how you feel, and I am sure that he will like you back. But even if he doesn't, what's the worst that can happen?"
Bf/n:"You're right Y/n, today is the day I tell him."
Y/n:"Good girl, now get in there and get your man, I will be in the gym with Ayato if you need anything."
Bf/n:"Ok thanks."

As bf/n walked into the cafeteria, you walked the opposite direction towards the gym. Once you got there, you and Ayato had an interesting conversation.

Ayato:"So...where is bf/n isn't she always with you?"
Y/n:"Well....I kind of told her that today she should confess to her crush, so that she won't be so tense everyday."
Ayato:"Wow I never knew bf/n had a crush on someone. Who is the luck guy?"
Y/n:"I'd rather not say....."
Ayato:"Aww cummon she is confessing to him right now as we speak so just tell me, we're best friends after all...."
Y/n:"Fine. its your brother Kanato."

Ayato then widened his eyes hardly believing what you had just said.

Ayato:"Are you kidding? Your kidding aren't you."
Y/n:"Umm no? Why?"
Ayato:"Well theres-"
Bf/n:"Y/N!"

Just then bf/n bursted through then gyms doors and started sobbing as you held her close to you.

Y/n:"Bf/n! What happened?"
Bf/n:"H-h-he r-r-rejected me..."
Ayato:"That was what I was worried about..."
Y/n:"Ayato...what are you talking about?"
Ayato:"Well you see...Kanato already has feelings for another girl..."
Y/n:"What? Who?"
Ayato:"I can't say it, bf/n will not be happy at all to hear her name..."
Bf/n:"Its okay Ayato, Kanato already told me who she is...."
Ayato:"Really?! He did?! Man he is such a child, but the person he likes Y/n, it's you...."
Y/n:"What?! Of all girls he likes me?!"
Ayato:"Yeah and I am sure that's gonna be a big problem."
Y/n:"It sure is...*sigh*"

(Time skip)
It has been 3 days since bf/n's rejection and you 2 were currently at your house as bf/n is still a bit upset. While Ayato is back at the Sakamaki mansion talking to his brother.

Ayato:"Cummon Kanato, at least apologise to her, its ok for you to not accept her feelings, but you didn't have to throw a fit at her."
Kanato:"Whatever.... I don't care about her anyway....she was trying to take me away from Y/n but that's not going to happen. Tomorrow I am going to tell Y/n how I feel and I know she will accept my feelings."
Ayato:"I'm not so sure about that...."
Kanato:"What are you saying....?"
Ayato:"Oh...nothing..its just that for you information, Y/n and bf/n are best friends and Y/n kind of heard how you rejected bf/n."
Kanato:"WHAT?!"
Ayato:"Yeah....so I think your chances of being with her is quite low."

Meanwhile,

Bf/n:"I hate him so much now....."
Y/n:"I know bf/n but you just need to let him go, you are too good for him anyway..."
Bf/n:"Yeah...I guess your right."

(Time skip)

2 more days have passed and you and bf/n were currently walking together in the school hallways for your free period, when you came across him and Ayato walking together.
Bf/n immediately felt fear and hid behind you.

Kanato:"Oh hello Y/n. Its nice to finally bump into you."
You then gave him an intimidating poker face.
Y/n:"Yeah...umm sure..."

You then walked towards Ayato with bf/n still hiding behind you.
Your persona changed completely around Ayato, you were now more cheerful.

Y/n:"So I will see you after school at the gym alright yours truly?"
Ayato:"You know it Y/n."

You 2 then fist bumped and you walked off.

Kanato:"I don't get it, it has been 5 days and she is so sour to me....how come she is so sweet with you but so bitter towards me..."
Ayato:"Well...she is probably showing you how you rejected bf/n the other day. I think in order to gain her sweet side, you first need to clear things up with bf/n..."
Kanato:"Do you really think that will work."
Ayato:"*grin*I know Y/n more than anyone in this school, I know it will work."

(Time skip)

You haven't seen bf/n in a few days, you thought it was strange. Until recently you saw her getting along with a certain purple haired vampire.

You were now in the school gardens when there is a tap on your shoulder and you saw him again.

Y/n:"Oh hello.."
Kanato:"Hello Y/n, may I ask you something?"
Y/n:"I guess...."
Kanato:"Well Ayato told me that if I was nicer to bf/n you would not be so cold around me, so I wanted to tell you that bf/n and I are now friends."
Y/n:"Yes I have noticed that, and I do appreciate you more now."
Kanato:"Really are you serious?!"
Y/n:"Yes I am."
Kanato:"Well since you like me better now, will you be my girlfriend? Please?"
Y/n:"Umm sure...I guess but you need to promise me one thing...."
Kanato:"Anything, I will do anything you want."
Y/n:"Never be sour to b/f name again."
Kanato:"Okay I promise I will be the sweetest person to bf/n from now on."

And since that day you and Kanato had became a couple.....He had kept his word and he was indeed the sweetest person towards bf/n and she couldn't be happier.

Hey guys! Sorry if this part kind of sucks because I am not good with understanding and carrying out Kanato's♡ character traits so I hope he is not too OOC for any of you guys in this part. Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this part. Until next time<3

Behind the scenes:

A/n a.k.a Angel:"Kanato....I have already told you, I will play with you once I am done with you part of the book and published it."

Kanato:"Aww but Angel I want to play now! Also all I really need is your eyes, the are so pretty I just want to put them into a jar and replace one of my dolls eyes with them or I could even add you to my collection, yes that's sounds the best idea ever...*insane laughs*"

Angel:"Uhhh."

Ayato:"Kanato, Reiji wants to see you."

Kanato:"*Sigh* What bad timing U was just about to add Angel to my collection....."

Kanato then teleports away.

Angel:"Phew. Thanks Ayato."

Ayato:"No problem Angel, just take thus as a reward for publishing my part before anyone else's."

Angel:"*face palms*"

What can I say about Kanato Sakamaki....well I do admit he is very cute at times and I do like how kid like he is sometimes, but he can get a bit too insane for my liking...