Chapter 20

Graham had arrived soon after Robin and he had come bearing gifts - her overnight supply bag. It was filled with clothes, toiletries and any other things she had deemed 'essential'.

A quick text to Graham earlier had seen that she was brought what she needed. Her text had also called for him to collect some sensitive surveillance equipment that she could use the tag several of the containers with GPS. The office would be able to monitor where the shipping containers went. Emma suspected that Gold would attempt to retrieve his goods if they were on lock down in the Corsair's shipping yards.

The tension in the living room had reeked of discomfort. Emma ignored the awkward and confused stares of Graham and Robin. Neither knew the exact reason for her silence and for Killian's lingering intensity.  Their unspoken guesses were probably not that far from the truth.  

Emma was thankful that the ride to the docks was not a long one or the tension in the car would definitely suffocate her. She shifted awkwardly against the leather seat, her eyes remaining glued to the passing scenery. It was quite a feat to ignore the presence of the three men in the town car, especially Killian. She had felt his eyes on her, his hot stare burning holes into her skin.

Emma had needed to suck in a large gulp of air before she had shored up her walls against Killian's presence. Lately, she had found her walls just crumbling more and more, it not only irked her but presented a challenge. People did not just slip through Emma Swan's defenses.

Her phone vibrated in her pocket again! It had been going off for the last half hour but knowing that it was likely to be David wanting her head, she ignored it! Emma knew she would have to deal with her boss eventually and she would rather do it with some progress up her sleeve.

______________________________________________________

The security at the Corsairs Shipyards and loading docks was incredible. Killian had wasted no expense and she had to admire that. The security and technology was top of the line - anything that could be installed had been.

The thought that this could be an inside job had filtered through her mind previously but was now a big possibility. There was absolutely no way anyone was getting into this facility without an identification badge, fingerprint scans or a genuine purpose.

"How are they getting the goods in?" Emma mumbled against the window.

If there was someone on the inside than it was essential to flush them out and link them back to Gold. The car pulled up outside of a smart looking office building and Emma couldn't help but be reminded of the last time she was caught in one of the docks office buildings.

'Head hurting, smoke billowing, flames licking....'

The thoughts were flying through her mind rapidly, her breathing hitched and her pulse raced until she felt a reassuring pressure on her hand.

"You don't need to come inside." Killian's voice told her softly.

Emma scoffed before wrenching her hand away harshly.

"You are not keeping me away Jones!" She told him fiercely before getting out of the car. There was no way she was going to allow him to mollycoddle her any further. He was lucky she had allowed this much!

Their job was not going to be a simple feat. They needed to flag all of the business in the computer databases and then physically mark all of the containers currently in the docks. Emma had made sure that Killian had men that he trusted implicitly posted at the yards to ensure that nothing from the flagged companies would slip through the net.