Chapter 11

His lips were demanding against hers and Emma felt an unwanted moan escape her lips. The small noise urged Killian to push closer until his entire body was rubbing against hers. The friction sent delicious tingles spiraling throughout her entire body.

Emma felt his tongue seek entrance into her mouth and she slanted her head to give him better access. Her hands went around his neck and pulled him closer, his nose bumping hers and his 5 o'clock shadow grazing her skin.

Killian's mouth was possessive and his hands roamed her sides until they reached her backside, pulling their lower bodies even impossibly closer. He moaned into her mouth and drew back slightly to take in some much needed air.

Emma was panting and sighed when he began attacking her neck. She arched her head back to give him better access and he nipped all of the skin that he could.

Emma was just as hungry and moved her hands to the buttons on his shirt. She popped a couple open and slipped her hands inside, caressing the hair matted on his muscular chest. He growled against her throat before taking possession of her mouth again.

His lips were relentless and Emma could feel the chemistry crackling between them, just waiting to explode. Emma clung to Killian, torn between the feelings detonating between them and common sense. She knew that she could easily end up in his bed but then what? She was deceiving him, investigating him...and then there was Miranda and his history of moving from one woman to the next.

Emma froze and tried to pull away, pushing her hands against Killian's chest. He had his hands down the back of her pants, stroking the soft skin and his lips were touching whatever skin he could access. She groaned his name and felt herself begin to fall back under his spell.

"I can't," Emma murmured huskily, pushing at his chest again. Killian pulled back and looked at her, his blue eyes clouded with lust and something else she just couldn't put a finger on.

Killian furrowed his brows in confusion, he hadn't intended to maul her but when she had met him move for move...well he thought it was mutual.

He took an unsteady step backwards and risked a glance at Emma. Her hair was tousled, her lips were swollen and she had little red marks marring her porcelain skin.

Killian felt the heat flaring up between them again and his fingers went to his lips as if in shock, the chemistry between them was maddening. He felt himself swaying back towards the blonde bombshell in front of him.

"Miranda," Emma whispered and Killian felt as if she had doused him with cold water. She watched as he stiffened, his hands tightening into fists. Killian turned quickly and stalked out of the entrance foyer.

Emma let him go and felt herself slide slowly down the wall, her bottom hitting the floor with a small thud.

How had she let things get so far out of control?

Emma had a gut feeling that he wasn't the one she should be investigating. There were bigger things in play and she was just confusing her judgment by getting close to Killian.

Emma knew she was smart to nip this 'attraction' in the bud quickly. She didn't need another person in her life to leave her and Killian was as unreliable as they came. He was always with a different woman, having his fill and moving on. How long until he got sick of her?

Emma just couldn't let someone like that past her walls. It was just too dangerous.

________________________________________________________________

Killian stomped into his room like a caged bear. He pulled his clothes off and stepped into the shower, the cold water pulsing against his skin. He needed a cool off first.