Chapter 32

Gold had a son?

This was bad news. If they apprehended Gold, his son would simply replace him and rebuild the business. They needed to make sure that they took care of the entire beast.

"This way," The gruff voice of the bouncer had Emma regaining her focus on her current task.

She was led out of the dressing room and down a dimly lit hallway. She could now hear the applause of the rowdy crowd. A few lewd obscenities were called out but because of the classiness the 'Gilded Bird' offered, they were quickly shut down.

"Just let the sound guys know what song and they will queue it up for you."

Emma organized the first seductive song she could think of to be played and it wasn't long before the soft rock and sultry tones of Lana Del Ray's - West Coast began piping out of the speakers.

Emma took a big breath of air and stepped out from behind the curtain.

_______________________________________________________________

"Cassidy is here," Graham whispered across the table.

Killian watched as the traitorous man was escorted to a table sectioned off to the side. It had been empty the entire time they had been at the club.

The table was perfectly positioned for a view of the stage and every piece of furniture was of the highest quality and carried a brand name.

Killian knew that it had to be Gold's personal table.

Neal sat at the table like he was royalty. Ordering drinks and treating the waitresses like pieces of meat. Each one of them had been inappropriately groped.

Killian felt the anger build inside of him. All he wanted was to storm over and teach the back-stabber a lesson. Punch him in the face over and over for all of his deceit and punish him for touching Emma. For even daring to lay his hands on her porcelain skin.

Killian felt Robin's hand move to his shoulder and give a small squeeze. It was good to know that he wasn't alone in his feelings and that he had a good support system behind him.

The chatter in club abruptly died down and Killian felt the hair on his neck begin to prickle. He darted his eyes around, looking for the reason for the odd sensation and the uneasy feeling building in his belly.

He didn't need to wait long.

Gold was here!

His shaggy brown hair was slicked back and he was dressed in a dark tailored suit. Gold radiated power and oddly enough calmness, like no one could touch him.

"Gold is here!" Killian told his two offsiders. Neither one had seen Gold before but it would have become obvious when the sleek older man made his way to the VIP table.

The performances resumed and it was almost like the room hadn't just frozen for his entrance.

Neal Cassidy stood with a big beaming smile and greeted Gold with a giant hug. Killian was gob smacked. They obviously knew each other really well .

It sickened Killian to watch as Neal and Gold threw their heads back with laughter as they made jokes and inappropriately touched the waitresses. The alcohol was flowing freely and the hum of the other patrons made it difficult to hear what they were talking about.

A slow thrumming of drum beats filled the air as the lights dimmed and the stage became the focus of attention. The breathlessness and hypnotic tone had the room fall into silence as the men appreciated the new act.

Killian was so focused on Gold that he didn't pay any attention as to the sudden lack of atmosphere in the club. It was until he felt Graham's elbow continuously pushing into his side that he even shifted his focus.

"What?" Killian hissed.

Graham simply used his head to indicate towards the stage. Killian felt the blood drain from his face and his gut clench in distress.

Emma Swan was on the stage in front of him. She was encased in red leather and rolling her hips hypnotically against a pole. It was mesmerizing to watch. Hypnotic.

"Fuck." Killian swore as he realized this wasn't a private show for him. He moved to stand and felt both Robin and Graham hold him back.

"You can't." Robin hissed at him. Killian knew he was right. Gold would recognize him and the heavy security would be on him instantly. The best he could hope for was that Emma was not recognized by either Neal or Gold.

Impossible.

Her blonde hair flowed behind her. All of her assets were on show.

Killian tore his eyes away from her and narrowed them back on Gold's table. Any move from them and he would not hesitate to protect her. She was his world.

She was brave, strong, beautiful and didn't care one iota about his money or giving him a mouthful when he deserved it. He needed her.

Killian knew the exact moment things began to unravel. Large men dressed in back moved out of the shadows and began to make their way through the crowd. Gold was pointing at the stage and Neal was nodding vigorously.

All hell broke loose.

"FEDERAL AGENTS!"

The fire alarm sounded and Killian watched in slow motion as the patrons scrambled to get out of the building. The lights flickered as Agent's began filling the club. Gold's security didn't hold back, their main concern was to get their boss to safety.

The crack of a gun shot had Killian instantly searching for Emma. He'd lost sight of her when the fire alarm blasted through the air. His eyes flicked around the darkness as he moved forward, crouching behind an upturned table. He needed to get to the stage.

Gold's men had no concern with life. They were emptying bullets into the club in an attempt to stall the Government Agents. Killian caught a flash of blonde to his left.

"Emma!"

Killian had never moved so fast. He was at her side in an instant. He watched with a small smirk as she lowered a chair viciously across the back of one of Gold's security men. The Federal Agent's had flooded the club and the main lights flickered back on. Many of Gold's men had fled and those that hadn't were being apprehend or were out cold.

Emma stood within arms reach of him. She was breathing hard and her hair was a mess but she had never looked more ethereal to him.

His hand reached out to touch her but before he could something pierced his side.

The pain ripped through his belly. Killian lost his footing and fell sideways to the floor.

He felt hands pushing against him. The pain was blinding and it took all of his strength to keep his eyes open.

"He needs help!!" Emma screamed desperately.

Killian felt his vision blurring, the edges beginning to darken.

She watched as his face paled and eyes began to lose focus.

Shit. The blood was everywhere.

"Give me a radio." Emma cried out. Tears were tracking down her cheeks but she knew she needed to make this call. Graham pushed a radio into her hand.

"Dispatch." The operators voice rang down the line.

"This is Agent Swan. Badge number #4523870." Her voice was so strong that she might have sounded robotic if she didn't already know the turmoil she faced.

"I need immediate medical assistance. Male. Gun shot wound."

Killian lost focus as Emma rattled out the details over the radio.

As the darkness surrounded him, one word continued to echo though his head.

Agent

Agent

Agent

TBC