Babysitting Is (Not) Fun

*wipes dust* *coughs* Is it anybody in here? Yeah? Okay.

Let's get it on, then.

-

"Are you shitting me?"

John stared in front with an expression that seemed to be a combination of panic, disgust and confusion.

"Nope." Alex said, grabbed his hand and dragging him inside.

"Babysitting, are you serious? This is what you call to hang out?" He asked, his voice showing complete exasperation.

"Yeah, now shush, my boss is coming!" Hamilton whispered/shouted.

As he finished saying that, a blonde middle aged woman walked towards them, her heels knocking against the wood floor. She smiled, Alex smiled back.

"Hey Ms. Harrison, we're here." He said.

"Yeah, I don't think she is blind, Alex." John rolled his eyes, Alex nudged him. "Ouch!"

The lady just shrugged it off. "Well Alexander, you already know the rules, bed time is at 9:30, no water after 8, otherwise he'll-"

"He'll wet the bed, I know." Alex nodded and chuckled. Ms. Harrison seemed relieved.

"Okay, well, thanks again Alex, I'll be back before 11:30." She said, making her way to the door.

"Alright, bye Ms. Harrison, good luck with your date!" He waved and she disappeared through the halls. Alex closed the door.

"Date?" John huffed. "That woman should be like 50 years old."

"She's 28." Alex corrected.

"Whatever." The blonde guy sighed and sat on the couch. "What are we supposed to do now?"

"Well, it's 7, so that means Tim is almost done with his homework."

"How old is he again?" John scratched his neck. He really had issues with...kids.

"10 he turns 11 next week." Alex sat next to him and chuckled. "Relax, he's a good kid, a little too curious sometimes, and kind of smart assed, but a good kid after all."

John let out a loud, long sigh. "Why would you even do this? Kids aren't fun, why are you babysitting, you've been for like two weeks, just out of nowhere."

Alex shrugged. "I needed the money." He simply said.

"What for this time, Alex? You're not an orphan anymore, you don't need to buy yourself everything, so what is it now?" John furrowed his eyebrows.

He really didn't like Alex when he got like this. Usually his pride could more than him and he refused to accept anything from his adopted parents, his dad, also happened to be John's professor at college. Alex was a year younger than him, so he was finishing high school as John started his first semester as a college student. That's kind of how they met. Cause of Alex's adoptive father, Mr. Washington.

"I just wanna make some money for something. Is not even something for me." The slightly shorter man tried to make it sound as a non important thing.

"What is it?" John insisted.

Alex sighed. "I wanna take the person I like out on a date, and I'm certainly not using George's money for that." He finally said. "Happy?"

"Uh, I guess..." his friend mumbled, a still a little confused. "You haven't mentioned me that you liked someone."

"Yes, Well, I wanted to-"

"What's up Alex." A dirty blonde, a little tall, kid came out of on of the rooms.