New Year, New Fren

Alex's P. O. V

10 minutes left.

"Lafayette! Where the fuck are you taking me?!"

The smaller man squealed as his French friend dragged him among the ocean of people in the party.

"Herc it's waiting for us!"

9 minutes left.

They made it to the huge balcony and the curly haired let go of his hand.

"Where is he?" Alex kind of panted as he redid his ponytail.

"He told me he'd be here. Wait, I will be right back, Petit. " He started walking far from Alexander.

"No! Laf, wait!" He tried to reach his hand but the Frenchman was already lost in the multitude.

8 minutes left.

John was standing near the edge of the balcony with his drink still in his hand. His best friend Peggy went to the restroom right when the year was about to end.

Now he was in the middle of a party, alone looking like an idiot. He looked down at his almost empty cup. He should probably refill.

He turned around attempting to walk but he bumped into a body, his cup fell to the ground, shattering.

7 minutes left.

"Oh my goodness! Sorry, I-I wasn't looking, I-I-"

John shook his head, moving himself and the guy he bumped into to a side, far from the glass.

"It's okay, it wasn't a good champagne anyways. " He joked, trying to relax the stranger boy.

Alexander chuckled with a little embarrassment.

"Still, sorry. I was looking for my friend. "

"Left you alone?" He started to establish a conversation, since Peggy apparently had no intentions to come back.

6 minutes left.

"He went to look for his boyfriend, who's also my friend. I lost him a while ago. " Alexander explained.

The cute freckled guy in front of him almost made him forget he was practically by his own in that enormous party.

"Mine went to the ladies room. She's probably coming back next year. " He mocked.

They both chuckled.

5 minutes left.

"So you're also single that you came here with your friends?" John tried to sound casual, but the blush on the small boy in front of him told him otherwise.

He scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment. "Kinda."

"Sorry, didn't mean to be so raw. " He rushed to say with an apologetic look.

"It's okay, I don't mind really. It's just a little sad to be bi and couldn't catch a girl nor a boy to be your New Year's kiss. " He chuckled, shrugging.

"Oh."

4 minutes left.

"Mind to be mine then?" John asked, sliding his hands in his pockets.

Alexander arched an eyebrow, but he could feel the heat in his cheeks and the fast beating of his heart.

"Pardon?"