Chapter Eighteen

Ella's POV

The sound of laughter and fangirls fill my predatory ears. Being a wolf neko has it's advantages and disadvantages. Your senses are keen and strong, yet you can hear everything you don't want to.

Sam shuffles his feet nervously next to me, eyes wide. He scans the area with a uneasy aura. His tail droops a little, showing his discomfort. His eyes focus on me, a pleading look to return vivid on his face. He lowers his ears and gaze, letting a soft sigh of defeat out.

School is a place hated by many humans and nekos. Teachers force you to learn things against your will. Unless you like learning things, then sure go ahead. But this school lives for the drama and the drama only. The teachers gossip amongst each other and the students. I don't think anyone else could prove me wrong.

Heads turn as Sam and I make our entrance into the schools courtyard. Apparently we went up on the popular chart when we were gone. Loads of rumors had gone around about Brittany and Sam. Sam seems quite nervous under all of the gazes. I nudge his shoulder and give him a comforting look. He smiles softly and we proceed through the courtyard.

Whispers surround us, people in groups murmur amongst themselves. Little gasps and concerned gazes are sent our way, allowing for my curiosity to get infront of me. Sam seems to be taking this a lot harder than I am. He's shaking; with what, I'm not sure.

"Is that..?"

"It is.. hush, they'll hear you."

"Poor Sam..!"

"Ella is a lot tougher than she looks.."

"I wonder how Brittany is doing?"

"I wonder what's going to happen later!"

"JP won't be happy they're back.."

"Does this mean there will be a fight?"

"Ella seriously doesn't look amused."

"Sam is shaking! What a baby."

"Was Brittany seriously pregnant?"

I grab Sam's arm and pull through the crowd. An angry expression masks my concern for the younger male, scaring off a few students. My gaze is dead fixed on those doors and I don't care what it takes, I will get there. Sam allows me to drag him towards the door.

I finally reach my destination and look Sam right in the eyes. "Don't answer any questions. Don't run away, act strong for me. If you see JP, avoid him at all costs. You hear me?"

Sam nods softly, looking at his planner. "Alright. I need to go off to English now. Go ahead Ella, I'll see you later."

"Be safe." I murmur in reply, turning to face the opposite direction and make my way to my History class.

Walking down the halls is just as bad as it is outside. Everyone seems to have heard some crazy story or they're just genuinely curious. I hate being the center of attention and push my way through the crowds, making my way to my History class.

I get inside of the classroom and sigh under my breath. Everyone in this school is talking. I growl in annoyance, shoving past some pestering freshmen and sit down in my seat, focusing on my phone.

I go through my Twitter feed and see that the gossip is everywhere. I gained about 200 more followers while I was gone. Disgusting rumors flooded my feed and I closed out of that. I didn't even want to check Instagram.

Riley walks into the room and spots me quickly, running over. "Ella! You're finally back! How is everything?"

"It's quite annoying is the word for it. Everyone wants to know what went down at the Elegance Dance. Even those seniors who care about nothing. It's gross." My ears twitch in agitation, looking up at Riley.