Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Riley's POV

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Glancing over at Ella, I could tell she was acting normal but was deeply lost in thought. I had a strong feeling that she would be, yet I still worry about her time to time. She has always been their for me, especially when I desperately need it, but the one thing that will get under her skin would be Brittany. I mean, who couldn't possibly get annoyed by her? I mean, seriously! When you have a girl always dressed in skimpy clothes, throwing herself desperately at random boys, talks and walks like a live Barbie doll, and thinks no one in this world could possibly be better than her.

Being one of her best friends, I knew that the thought of Brittany always hating her was nagging her in the back of her mind. I never have known, but I have this gut feeling that Brittany is terribly jealous of Ella. Ella has always been a naturally beautiful girl, no matter what clothes she wore. Brittany has to wake up extremely early, put on loads of makeup, and fix/style her hair to look decent everyday. Brittany must not like having the feeling of someone being prettier than she is, especially when the source of it is 100% natural.

Focusing on the real world instead of my thoughts, I caught a glimpse of Brittany's retreating back with Karen and Jessica. Sending a glare their way, I shook my head in disappointment. Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me that there's a deeper story to all of that.

"Hey Ella?" I glanced over to my right, seeing the girl was deep in thought, her eyes not focused on anything in particular.

She snapped out of her own thoughts, turning slightly to the left to face me. "Huh? Yes?"

"Were you thinking about Brittany? Don't lie to me." Turning a bit to my right so I was facing Ella, I looked into her bright blue eyes slightly clouded with confusion for some kind of answer.

"Uh... of course not. Why would I think of her? I have better things to think about."

"Are you positive? I'm pretty sure that you were thinking about her."

"Of course! Why would I lie to one of my closest best friends?"

"You had that distant thoughtful look on your face; I could see easily that something was troubling you deeply. I know you really well."

"No... I-I... Oh fine. I was thinking about her."

"Why were you thinking about her? What are you confused about?"

"I was thinking about her because I want to know so desperately why she hates me... I never did anything to her or said anything about her. It's really random when someone just hates you, and it makes you wonder." Her eyes trailed down to the concrete stairs, a pained look etched into her beautiful features.

"I have a feeling that you were meant to be enemies, right from the start."

"Yeah, I guess so. Well, I'm not going to question it anymore because I shouldn't question the facts. Should we go to class now instead of standing on the stairs?" The pain faded away from her face and she held her head high again.

"Well, that's why we're here, right? Come on guys, I've been waiting for a long time while you two were lost in your thoughts like Riley's mom without a map!" She tapped her foot impatiently on the concrete, watching us laugh from her reference to my mom's horrible directions.

We linked our arms, as we normally do. I love spending time with my friends. They always seem to have the advice to help me, no matter what the situation is. They have always been there for me, especially when I need it most. Vowing to do the same for them, I will always be there when they need someone to be there when they need someone to talk to, someone to listen, and someone to understand. Its one of the most basic rules that friends follow.

Ella seemed to be staring in a particular direction, almost as if she was in a trance. Peering over her shoulder, I saw a group of teenager guys, relaxing against the unending school lockers comfortably. Her blue eyes seemed to be focused on the rather normal looking boy. Slightly shaggy but straight brown hair fell messily on his head yet it looked perfect on his figure. Jacob. The mystery neko. He looks like a normal human, but anyone who walks by him can feel a mysterious and strong aura radiatiofng off of him. Girls are automatically attracted to him with just one glance. We call him the 'mystery neko', because he is not a magic neko, nor a charm neko, so we truly don't know what he is. But he is a natural charmer, that's for sure.

Peering over at Ella, I concluded that the young girl had a glance of his deep eyes. There is no doubt that's the cause of her mystified and enhanced gaze. The guy just has to look at you and your heart melts automatically. I had it happen once, and let me tell you, it's the most awkward thing to do when you try to get rid of it. I sighed, and reluctantly tapped Ella on the shoulder. She stopped staring at him and gave me a confused look. "What?" She asked. "You were uh... kind of staring at Jacob." I said. " I know.... he has the prettiest eyes I have ever seen..." She said, dreamily. Yup. She did look into his eyes. *sigh* I guess I will have to get the antidote. "I want to talk to him!" She said suddenly, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Uh... that wouldn't be a good idea..." I said. "Why not?' She asked. "He is talking with other people." I said. "No.... he is coming this way!" She whispered/squealed in my ear. I turned around, and truth be told! Coming this way, was no one other than Jacob. I sighed, realizing what I just did. I looked him in the eyes, and he smiled at me. My heart instantly melted, and a dreamy look spread across my face. No! Not again! Snap out of it.... snap out of it! A small nagging voice kept saying in my head. But nope! I didn't care! He is walking towards me and he is smiling at me. I stared deep into his brown eyes, while a smile crossed my face. "Hi there." Jacob said. "Hey..." I said, dreamily. "You're Riley, aren't you?" He asked. "Yeah..." I said. I looked around and everyone was disappearing. Even Ella and Bella were nowhere to be seen. "You have pretty eyes." He commented. I blushed and tried to hide my face. "Th-thanks." "Awh come on, don't hide your beautiful face from me!" He said. I smiled. "Thanks for noticing... I guess." He smiled back at me. "No problem. You seem like a pretty good person. Maybe we can hang out sometime?" "Sure! That would be a good idea. Hmm.... maybe we can go the the park or something." I said, smiling. "That sounds great! Maybe this Saturday?" He asked. "Sure." I replied, smiling. He leaned down and kissed me. My eyes widened in shock, but closed. He pulled back and smiled. I watched him walk out of the hallways and out of sight. ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼ Hey everyone!!! Thanks for all of your support! I love you all! :) I want to hear from you! COMMENT, VOTE, OR FAN! :) I would really appriciate it! Love you guys! <3 - Julia ❥