Chapter One

Ella's POV

⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘⌘

I stretched my legs and let out a yawn. My tail naturally curled beside me while my ears went back. Yes, I have strong feeling of what you are probably thinking. Some wierd girl with a tail and ears. Well, where I live, it's very common to be part animal.

But I'm not common. Not my type of animal, atleast. I only can recall knowing three people who are part wolf. My mother (of course, that's who I get it from) and my best friends, Riley and Bella. Riley is a petite girl with silver hair, a thin silver tail, and silver ears to match. She has almost silver eyes with brown closer towards the center of her bright eyes. I think she is a beautiful girl. Bella, on the other hand, is a brown haired, purple eyed girl, who adores the colors purple and snow-white. She loves to dance and party, so she is a person who is very fun and pretty outgoing.

I got up slowly and stretched my upper body, raising my arms straight above my head. I quickly curled and stretched my fluffy brown tail too. I walked into my large bathroom and rubbed my crystal blue eyes. My crystal eyes sparkled in the clear mirror. My ears perked up on my head, a little ruffled. My light brown hair fell to my mid back, my long bangs next to my face. I took out my hairbrush and brushed my hair and bangs, also my soft ears and fluffy tail. I kept it naturally straight and tucked my bangs behind my ear. I added a bit of lip gloss to my lips, making them shiny. Since it was the first day of my Sophomore year, I added just a bit of mascara to my naturally black eyelashes, giving them a bit of volume and length.

I pulled out my favorite pair of American Eagle skinny jeans and a cyan blue spaghetti strap top from Hollister. I pulled my tail through my skinny jeans and glanced at myself in a full length mirror on the wall. I know, jeans that have holes for tails? Well, since about 83% of Nekos'' have tails, most of the jeans have holes so we aren't uncomfortable. Glancing one quick last time at my reflection, I grabbed my shiny keys and walked quickly downstairs.

"Ella!" my mom said, rushing towards me.

"Hey mom!" I grinned at her.

"Be careful out there, Ella. Always be alert, no matter where you are. Remember that day and be safe, okay? I love you Ella. Please be careful." My mother looked at me with sincere worry sketched on her face. Frowning slightly, she pushed some of my bangs that managed to sneak out from behind my ear.

"Don't worry mom, I will be careful. I love you too." Reassuring my mom would at least help her calm down just a little bit. My mom had become a little paranoid since that day, and I hate it when she gets so worked up from that tragic day. Sighing slightly and softly so my mom couldn't here, I walked out of the garage door and picked up my heavy book bag and Vera Bradley lunchbox with my other hand. Placing my lunch and book bag into the trunk of my Lexus, I shut the trunk and opened the door.

I insterted the key, igniting the engine and bringing it to life with a roar. I shut my door, placing my right hand on the passenger seats headrest and backed out of the garage with my left hand, being careful where I go.

Driving is an awesome privilege. You feel like you're free, in charge, and loads of other things I don't want to waste my time naming. I loved driving down the speedy highway because you get to drive faster and lots of people travel on them. It's a shocking and fun experience for me.

I questionably glanced Eko High as I slowly pulled in to a parking spot. The 'popular' girls were sitting *cough* posing *cough* on the side of the high school stairs. Obviously, they were flirting desperately with the 'hot' guys again as soon as they walk up to the school. I narrowed my eyes at them as I opened my door, got out of my car, and shut it; I made sure I locked my nice vehicle. I snorted at how abnoctiosly flirty they were when Jacob the mystery Neko walked by. I swear I saw Karren almost fall over.