Chapter Seventeen

When Will Anyone Understand?

Chapter Seventeen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam's POV

Brittany has been in that horrible hospital for 3 days now and it's driving my sanity over the edge. My mind still can't process the fact my own sister attempted suicide and she sure was going to. She didn't care that I was begging her not to, she scarred me for life by doing in front of me.

Thank God for Ella; without her, Brittany probably wouldn't have been okay. I am very thankful for that but this whole situation is driving me completely insane.

Thinking about this whole drama scene, I have noticed that Ella has always been there for all of us. She almost died from internal bleeding in her stomach from fighting JP off of Brett. She's always welcoming, funny, and nice. She really didn't need to do anything for us, yet she did. It really makes me think hard. Why would she waste her time on us? Putting herself in danger?

I look over to my right, seeing Brittany out cold. I sigh softy, sinking further into my chair. When is she going to wake up? Will she wake up? Of course she will, relax Sam. It's going to be alright.

I've tried to be so strong for everyone, I've stayed in this room for days. I keep telling myself it's going to be okay, but whenever I look at my sisters face.. It's so peaceful. I've never seen her look so calm. Brittany is always on the move, not like this. I hardly see her sit down. She's always been so defiant, refusing to be bored. She was always running around with JP, that scumbag.

Speaking of JP, that reminds me. I still have to beat that asshole for hurting my sister. She almost died because of him! I shake in anger, my tail fluffing out and my canines grow longer. Whenever I think of that jerk, I can't control my anger. How could he do this to her?

Okay, Brittany hasn't been the nicest to me. I understand that. But deep down, I do love her. She's my sister! JP used her and threw her out like trash. It makes me want to throw him out of a building. No one messes with my sister without getting through me.

My fur on my tail bristles in anger. I couldn't protect her. I was too late. He's going to pay for everything he's ever done to my sister. That jerk doesn't deserve someone like Brittany. I don't know what to do though. How to react, how to make him pay..

I let out a heavy sigh and stare out of the window. Fat, lazy clouds carry on, letting the wind push them. They're so free. They don't have these kinds of problems. Lucky clouds. I'd love just to float along.

"E-excuse me sir!" A nurse popped her head in, slowly walking into the room. "Visiting hours are over.." She seems very shy, I frown.

"Alright. Thank you." I get up and stretch, then make my way past the nurse. I feel like I'm walking with the worlds weight on my shoulder.

I tighten my hand into a fist, glaring at the floor. I drag my feet and walk out of the hospital. Fortunately, Ella is waiting for me outside. I can't exactly drive yet.

"How is she?" Ella walks towards the car door.

"She hasn't woken up yet. Looks peaceful." I murmur back, getting in the passenger side. "I wish she would wake up soon."

"You don't have to fake strength you know.." Ella starts the car, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

I really can't hold it in much longer. I press on my head with both of my hands lightly, a couple tears falling from my eyes. The pain I've been pressing back pierces my heart unlike anything else. Sobs wrack my body, as I am unable to suppress them any longer.

Ella pulls into my driveway without me noticing. A door opens to my right and I'm greeted with a small smile. I get out of the car, wiping my eyes. Ella pats my back and shuts the door behind her.

"It's okay. We will fix this, alright?" Ella doesn't show much expression, I wonder how she does it.

"How..?" I choke out, trying to keep myself together.

"Hmm? Oh, I'm sure we can figure it out.."

"No. How can you.." A sob wracks my body again. "How can you be so strong through this?"

She puts a hand on my right shoulder, looking me right in the eyes. "I'm not. I have faith that she will be better soon and we'll fix this thing with JP once and for all."

I look up at her, admiring her courage. "Thank you.."

"Hm?" She looks back at me. "For what?"

"For being here for us. It doesn't matter what the situation is.." I murmur, thinking hard to recall the events. "You always seem to have a plan. It works. I'm so thankful."

"Oh." She ruffles my blonde hair. "It's no problem at all Sam. I love the feeling of helping you all out."

I send her a small smile and walk up towards my doorstep. I put the key in and unlock the door. I wave Ella off, smiling slightly. She sends me a smile in return, starts her car, and drives off. I sigh softly, heading up to my room.

I will avenge my sister. I refuse to let JP cause anymore harm to her. It's time that I took the role of being a true brother. I need to stand up for who matters to me. That was the final straw.