The Chaos in Seoul ❁

Start from the beginning

"Okay, Ji Hye. I'll try my best to look for"

I wasn't even finished yet when she suddenly shrieked and jumped. Aunt Sunny and I exchanged looks as if that was the most appropriate thing to do at the moment. Then we both burst out laughing.

***

Lizzie's family event took place on a Monday so she told me that we were meeting on a Tuesday. I left the town early in the morning with Aunt Sunny driving me to the train Station. The travel was not as complicated as I thought. Though I had some difficulties recognizing the streets, the cab driver was able to smoothly take me to the hotel where Lizzie and I were going to stay.

She was already there the moment I got out of the cab. She was shrieking and went all jumpy when she saw me. She was wearing a white lacy crop top showing her sexy midriff, paired with loose-fitting faded jeans and block-heeled sandals. Her hair was dyed light brown this time, her bangs neatly covered her forehead. She looked as glamorous as ever. As I walked towards her I saw how the smile on her face grew bigger, exposing her perfect teeth.

"Oh gosh! I missed you so much, Hailey!" She beamed as she hugged me tightly.
"I missed you too Liz." I struggled to reply because she hugged me so tight I couldn't almost breathe. "But I'm afraid I'm going to die soon if you don't let me breathe," I told her laughing.

"Hey! You're so mean." She snapped when she let go of me.

I just laughed at her.

"You look great Hail. You're glowing. Is this supposed to be Korea's effect on you?" She asked, raising an eyebrow before she continued. "Or is someone responsible for making you glow?"

"You're still as crazy as ever Liz. Why don't you let me come in first?" I said wanting to change the topic immediately.

"Okay, okay but we're not ditching this topic forever. We have three whole days." She agreed as she held my arm as we got inside the hotel.

As expected of Liz, she chose a very expensive Hotel. Our room was on the 15th floor. It was spacious and it has a glass wall view of the city. I had not seen this view for a few months and I somehow missed it.

I was arranging my clothes in the closet when Lizzie shoved me to examine them.

"Are these the only ones you brought with you?" She asked looking at me incredulously.

"Why?"

"Seriously?" She took out a few of my clothes and showed them to me. She was particularly holding a sweater. "Are you going to have fun in these?"

"Liz, I have other clothes with me too." I reasoned out laughing.

"No!" She contradicted. "Na-uh, these are unacceptable. Enough with your hometown clothes."

"What do you mean?"

"You're going to wear something else. Something sexy. Something daring. Something flirty-"

"What? No." I protested.

"We're going to go shopping right at this instant. Come on!" She announced ignoring my protest.

"Sexy and daring? And Flirty? No way Elizabeth. I can't wear something like that." I insisted.

Her facial expression suddenly changed. She looked like she kind of figured something out.

"Do you have a boyfriend Park?" She sounded more like assuming instead of just asking.

I almost choked at her question.

"What? That's crazy." I answered quickly as I avoided her eyes by fixing my clothes.

"Oh my gosh, yes you have a boyfriend! Look at you, you're strawberry face is giving you away." She gasped as she brought her hands to her mouth. "Is this why you won't go back to Australia just yet?"