Chapter 8

Sorry for posting so late, I didn't leave my house 😂 (it's like 9:30 here)

Time skip to when you're at the park, walking around

Your POV

Jack and I were walking side by side through the park, telling jokes and talking random things.

"So Jack, if you had any other job, what would it be?"

Jack shrugged, "I don't know... I would've probably went through with the hotel management courses I was taking in college. But don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the job I have now. I have met so many wonderful people, one in particular." He looked at me and smiled.

I blushed, "And who might that be?"

Jack giggled softly, "I think they know who it is. I know I'm talking to them right now."

I blushed even harder, then cleared my throat. "You're pretty great yourself, you know that, right?"

Jack scoffed, "I'm the best." He had a posh accent as he talked, making him sound way different.

I giggled, rubbing my nose to try to hide my ever growing blush. "Anyway, I don't know what I would be doing. I never had thought of a job that would make me absolutely happy. Then Mark started YouTube and encouraged me to start a channel, so I did, and named it (Yt/c). I started off with just short gaming videos that barely surpassed five minutes because I didn't think anything else about the video was interesting. I got some subscribers from that, then I started doing collab videos with Mark and a few other people, including yourself, Jack, and gained a shit ton of subscribers from that, and now I'm here!"

He chuckled, "I didn't know some of that."

I looked down at the ground, "I just realized I told you my whole backstory." We both laughed.

"It's okay, I enjoyed listening." He looked over at me and smiled, causing me to blush. "So, what would you do if I asked you to come swing with me?"

I snorted, "I would say sure. Do you want to swing?"

Jack nodded and sprinted off to the swings, his inner child coming out a bit as he plopped down onto the swing and kicked his legs before I even made it over to the swing set. I sat down on a swing, pushing myself back and forth without my feet leaving the ground.

I heard Jack chuckling softly, so I looked over at him. "Why aren't you swinging that high?" Jack asked as he kicked off the ground again, getting about eye level with the bar holding the swings up.

I shrugged, "I don't know."

Jack flopped his arms around, "Then swing higher!" He yelled, looking at me.

I giggled and started pushing myself off the ground, gradually getting higher. Once I got higher than eye level with the bar above us, I rarely kicked off the ground. I kept swinging my legs back and forth, leaning my torso the opposite way.

Jack and I got in unison with our swings sooner or later, then started laughing. I slowed down a lot, now barley moving as I laughed. "Why are we laughing?" I asked, holding my abdomen that was starting to cramp.

Jack slowed down too, putting his right hand on his left side, "I don't know, but it hurts!"

"Is it because we were swinging at the same time?" I laughed.

Jack shrugged, his hand not leaving his side, "Maybe?"

We giggled as we looked at each other. I was still holding my stomach and he was still holding his side. Suddenly, my phone went off, so I grabbed it from the ground.