"Enemies become allies when they share the same target."

"Jeon Jungkook. Please, put me down." Ari managed to croak out, relieved that her voice wasn't too weak.

"Alright, if you say so."

He bent down and dropped her legs to the ground so she could stand up. Ari daringly avoided relying on any form of contact to steady herself. She staggered and stumbled as her head started spinning profusely, but she refused any help from her once enemy.

Jungkook's assistant helped Ari's assistant free and now he held the researcher by his side.

"If you would excuse me," Jungkook started "I will be taking this" He snatched the briefcase from her hand, braking the intense murderous gaze both were sharing. He snapped at his assistant to follow and strutted away towards the exit.

"Wait."

Jungkook stood in his path.

"How dare you interfere with my mission."Ari was not having anyone step over her dignity like this no matter who they were. "How dare you walk off with the things I recovered."

Jungkook smirked arrogantly, his back still towards Ari.

"Are you sure those are the right things you should be saying at this moment, Agent A"

He turned around halfway to face Ari.

"People's lives are in danger Ari, no one has time for your useless pettiness about whose job this was

"People's lives are in danger Ari, no one has time for your useless pettiness about whose job this was."

Ari was getting angrier every second, she clenched her fists so hard that her knuckles were pale white. She wasn't used to receiving help during her missions and it bothered her even more and more, the fact that this specific person was the one to save her ass.

As an intelligence agent, she should know more than to act according to her overwhelming frustration, but everything about this one person, everything he did, his every move got to the last of nerves. That's it. Fuck you. 

She attacked Jungkook from the back and held him in a rear-naked choke that was bound to cut off blood supply to his too small of a brain for too big of a head. He immediately elbowed her so she was forced to let him go. He grabbed both her arms, twisted her around so she faced away from him and her arms were crossed behind her back. She winced in pain.

That's when she immediately regretted going at him with an injury. Fucking dumbass  

"I'm not stealing the things you recovered." He said, too close to her ears. She could feel his warm breath on her neck. A tingling sensation traveled down her aching spine.

"I'll hand the case and the research doc over to your boss with your name." He let go.

Ari breathed heavily holding onto her right shoulder. He only intensified the injury from before and she hated him even more with every ounce of her bumping blood.

What a cruel person. Ari thought while staring and burning holes on Jungkook's back. 

After a short silence, he turned back, eyeing Ari's wound he said, "I hope you keep the dignity of your title, Agent A. Don't be gullible, get it checked. "

He turned around and continued on his way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was once her enemy, fighting on different sides on the same ground.

Holding guns against each other's heads.

Both their goals were to kill each other.

Flashbacks of the old days reminded Ari of the hand to hand combat they had on the roof of a 5-star hotel. Both were severely injured from jumping off a moving helicopter, but Ari and Jungkook were equally stubborn. Ari had a huge bloodied gash on the side of her white collared shirt. She was sitting on top of Jungkook throwing one punch after another on his bloodied face. She was sweating and gasping for air, her hair a mess, her reputation on the verge of falling down the 17-floor building. He grabbed Ari by the throat and pinned her down hard on the concrete ground. Jungkook raised his fist but stopped midway and dropped his hand. 

Working to make the world a better and safe place, fighting and killing to save more than what they had to lose, putting their own lives on the line to keep peace and innocence among the people, that was what they did. That was their job. When they had to kill sometimes thinking twice doesn't exist as an option. But Agents are humans too. People who work to protect and defend are humans too.

"AAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH" He screamed throwing his head back.

He got off of Ari and laid on the ground, eyes closed, breathing heavily.

But now they shared the same enemy.

One day when Ari's boss called her to their base, she came in direct contact with Jungkook and she immediately raised her gun.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

Her boss answered on behalf.

"Get ready to see him often. You will now have joint missions. Enemies become allies when they share the same target."

After that day it has been hard, admitting and getting used to the fact that they have to work together. During multiple missions they had to have each other's backs, taking over when the other was occupied. Teamwork was crucial. 

Now their goal is to make sure each other is alive. 

But in the real world just keeping yourself alive was a mission itself.