A Fiery Escape

Tuff prepared to swing a monstrous axe down onto a blonde female figure charging at him.

"Tuff! NO! You can't challenge Meta Knight! He'll kill you! Or you'll kill him! And I don't want to live in a world where either you or Meta Knight are dead!!! Tuff, please, listen to me!" Tiff sprinted frantically at Tuff, grabbing Bandana Dee's spear while at it. Bandana Dee huffed and crossed his arms, but didn't steal back his precious, prized weapon.

"No! Tiff! Stay back!" Meta Knight hissed. " You will get hurt! It is better for you to not get involved!"

Tiff ignored him and kept on running until she stopped at Tuff's feet.

"Tuff," she whispered, trembling. "Fight it."

Tuff looked at Tiff's eyes, and for a second, he became himself again.

"Tiff! It's so hard! I can't guard my mind anymore! It's taking control! Get Kirby! He can help! He can suck it up..." Tuff shouted, delirious, before he was pulled back into the influence of the dark.

Everything stood still, even Demon Tuff. Everyone watched for his next move, holding their breath and getting ready to battle.

Surprisingly, he grinned, then took one step forward.

"I have figured out how to torture you, all of you. I shall let your mentality suffer and your sanity wane as you watch my lord bash, demolish, and kill your pitiful pals!"

Tuff snapped his fingers, and the TV screen that used to show the N. M. E. salesman abruptly came to life and showed their friends running dearly, clutching each other's hand. Sakura silently prayed to the guardians of Dreamland and Planet Popstar that they would be fine, while Meta Knight watched the screen intently, eyes flashing various colors of emotion. Kirby bit his lip and screamed "Poyo!" at the television, which both highly annoyed and amused the demon inside Tuff. Bandana Dee went into a routine of watching, then looking away, then covering his eyes, and when no one screamed, he continued to stare at the TV screen.

"See? Your friends are on their death bed, at the hands of my merciless master, the Dark Lord-" Tuff started to brag, but then gasped angrily as he witnessed the defeat of his "master" on the television screen.

Mario and Luigi had just popped up, jumped on the "Oh So Mighty Dark Lord", and sent him scattered into Dark bits at the sky.

"How-how is that possible?! My master, the Dark Lord, is undefeatable!!! Just... HOW?!?!" Tuff gaped at the screen. "There must be something wrong with the camera! A glitch, perhaps?"

Tiff smirked. "Apparently, your 'master' was no match for the two legendary Italian plumbers!"

Tiff had always read about two Italian brothers who were quite powerful and well-known. The pair was mentioned a lot in tall tales and historical hero books...

"I know those two! They are none other than Misters Mario and Luigi!" Meta Knight smiled underneath his mask. Where there was a foe, there was always a friend.

"Wait... what is that... star creature?" Meta Knight murmured, squinting through his mask to get a better look. "It can't be... a Luma?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magolor screamed as he dodged the attack of a huge, wooden hammer with the "Ultimate Bros." power.

"Hey, dude, you-a scream like-a girl," Luigi commented, and Mario stifled a laugh and snickered.

Magolor glared at both of them, even though it wasn't their fault a huge hammer was trying to mash him into the ground.