Stone of Mind - Memory Mishaps, Part 3

After a few hours, we finally find the solution to what could be the problem. Twilight's quip about Sunset finding fun books got me to look up as she runs to the table, which we all surround. There is some kind of rock that can erase all or parts of memories. As Twilight dubs it, a Memory Stone. It seems like Sunset and I will need to be heading back to our world, but I really want to know more about the world of ponies. However, there is one thing that bothers me now and it's what they're are doing which I'd like to ask them about every time I talk, but something else pops up just as I'm about to ask.

It's the strange looks they keep giving me.

After waiting for the right moment, which comes only a few minutes later, I catch Sunset alone looking out over Canterlot at a tall glass window. Her ears and head are drooping a little as I get closer, so I slow my pace and soften my steps as I trot up beside her. I have to say, it's definitely a lot easier on four legs than two.

"Hey, uh, you okay?" I speak softly, making her react as if she was caught doing something as she turned to look at me. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you." I smile gently as she giggles, but only briefly.

"Oh it's fine," She begins, then just looks out the window again. "Well, not so much. This was the world that I grew hatred for, but now with with the help of you and our friends, I can finally feel the friendship and peace in my home world." I stare out the window for a while with her, before attempting a pony version of a short shoulder hug. It surprisingly works better than I was expecting. "Thanks Rhyan, but I think we'd better get back to our world. Wouldn't want to miss the fun on the beach with them." We both laugh and start walking away from the window.

Glimpsing back, I notice it's a frosted glass window. But that isn't what makes me jump. It's the multi-creatured being that Princess Twilight had told me about. Discord. He was waving at me, then winks before disappearing in a puff of glass shards. Yes, he was in the window we looked out of. I just snap my head back around and hope to forget what I'd seen By talking with Sunset again. I hope I can get some answers to my questions this time.

"Hey Sunset," I start saying, nervously. "I was hoping I could get some questions answered." I notice the guard we walked past earlier and salute him, he returns the gesture with a smile.  I had to hold in the laugh I just had, as I realise how similar he'd be if a boy I've seen would be a pony like Twilight and Sunset.

What I find interesting, is how Princess Luna's daughter, Melody Symfonía, is part of the Royal Guard.  I wonder what her skills are. I think to myself for a brief moment.

"Oh, sure." Her happy spirit lifted like we hadn't had a friendly moment together earlier. "What would you like to know?" She adds, briefly smiling awkwardly and quickly glancing away before smiling normally.

"I was wondering why all the other ponies, you and the Princesses keep looking at me in a weird way." My question shocks her, but she quickly shakes her head. "Sorry. I don't quite get why looking at me is such a shock to everyo-- everypony." I have no idea why I corrected myself, when it's just the two of us trotting around quietly.

"I think it has to do with the fact that..." She hesitates, but I notice it. "You're an alicorn, but ... you don't exactly display powers or have a visible cutie mark." She lowers her voice as I start looking at myself.

I reach to my forehead with my right hoof, feeling the horn, I look to my rear end to confirm I didn't have this 'cutie mark, after seeing it for a brief moment on her flank, which I notice is making her blush, not like the other ponies I'd been looking at.