Christmas With The 'huMane 7'

I fall asleep, then wake up again, hopefully just a few hours later. I'm feeling much better now, but I'm going to be leaving this room soon, or so I'd heard, as I slowly sit up in my bed.

The girl from earlier came over with some clothes in her arms, leaving me to guess that she noticed me going to sit upright.

"I see you're feeling better already," she says, smiling softly to me, making me smile back just as much. "I couldn't help it but notice the dreadful burn holes in all your clothes, darling, so I decided to make you some instead." She hands me the clothes, which are very similar to my own, but I notice the colours are different. Surprisingly, these were also my second most favourite colours for casual dress up.

She leaves me alone in the small area, as she closes the window blinds which surprises me, as she also begins sliding the patient curtain around for privacy. She gives me a thumbs up as she walks out of the now secluded area I'm in. I hear her leaving with the taller staff member, to leave me in peace as I got dressed.

A few minutes later I heard a short, muffled conversation followed by movement through the door, after getting dressed. I pull back the curtain and reopen the blinds just before I hear something over the speaker system - I could hear music. Well played music at that. I'm guessing there were some teenagers here who were talented singers.

Maybe there's a famous band on-site? I thought to myself, as an afterthought, whilst I got up with the last bandage still wrapped around my body, under my new clothes of course, courtesy of that pretty girl. The other bandages from my arms, head and legs all gone as of yesterday.

Pulling the curtain around, I almost forgot that my previous hoodie was burnt to shreds. I feel my arm jerk a little from the rapid movements, like I was going to get a sore muscle spasm again, but after a few seconds of just string shaking, my arm and hand finally relax back down to my side.

I give a slight rap on the door after I hear the noise from beyond the door descend in volume rather quickly, followed by someone opening the door that I hadn't met before. Her hair had vivid and multiple colours in it. It somehow made me think of a rainbow.

"Um, hello?" I asked, confusion obviously plastered on my face. I wince and cringe internally at the quivering tone to my voice. I rub the back of my head as I stand just outside the half open doors. "I heard some music playing, bu-" before I could continue, the girl from earlier came over to the door.

She whispered in the girls ear, making her pupils shrink. Hopefully reminding her about who I am. If it had happened in a better time and place, I would have found her dumbstruck face absolutely hilarious, but alas I have had a rough few days.

I watch as the blue skinned girl's eyes return to normal, laughing ... awkwardly?

"Heh heh, sorry," She spoke, rubbing her head. "We were just doing some rehearsals for the winter festival coming up in a few weeks."

"It's okay," I respond, bringing my hands up as if to apologise. "I can always come back later."

"Nonsense, darling," The cute girl replied, gently grabbing my wrists and guiding me inside. "Here, come over and listen."

Once I'm seated, I watch them get back into place and begin to listen to them begin singing.

"Will you be lost by time,
Or be part of history.
Will your story be told,
Or remain a mystery...

"Will they sing your song,
Telling all that you have done.
Time to make your choice,
Only you can be the one.

"Ohh, ohh, OOhh. OoOhh,
As you join, in the Legend of, Everfree.
H