Chapter 1:Kiana

"Alright guys, I need everyone to please come to the living room!" I groaned and rolled over in my bed. I threw my phone down and dragged my lazy body down the stairs. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I rubbed my eyes and promptly hit my head on the wall.

"Sh*t! F*uck my life!" I screamed. I rubbed my forehead fiercely, feeling a headache coming on.

"Kiana, watch your language! There are kids around here!" I squinted at my mom, and rolled my eyes. "Yeah, whatever." Was my grumbled reply.

"Okay, well the reason why I brought you guys down here so early, was to tell you that... we're moving!" My mom clapped her hands excitedly. "Rick finally proposed to me, so we'e moving to L.A.!"

My siblings, obviously excited, started leaping like frogs, yelling and screaming, hugging mom, and being excited. I, on the other hand, was not.

"What?!" I shrieked. The party stopped. My mom stared at me. "Aren't you happy for me?

"HELL NO I'M NOT HAPPY FOR YOU MOM!" 

"Kiana, may I speak with you in the kitchen?" My mom said politely. I stomped my way behind her until we were facing in the kitchen.

"Mom, how could you? We just moved here! How can you just uproot us like that? Again! And with some a**hole who doesn't appreciate you!" 

"Now you just shut your mouth, young lady. I am the parent, and you are the child. You will do what I say because I said so! Now go to your room before I decide to wash your mouth out with soap!"

I ran past her, pushing her out of my way. I dashed up the stairs, the waterworks beginning. I slammed my door, feeling the blind fury washing over me. I spotted my phone. I rushed to it, calling the first number I could think of. Answering machine.

"Daddy, please call me back. Mom's getting married to Rick the D*ck, and she's trying to make me move! To L.A.! I can't do this anymore! I'm coming to live with you. Bye, Daddy. I love you."

I sat on my bed, my mind whirling. I would have to run away. I stood up, my hands on my hips. Only the important things. I began to rush, grabbing a duffel bag, I stuffed it with some outfits, underwear, socks, and bras. I went to my closet, and flipped open the tiny flap on my guitar case that held my secret cash stash. 

I did a quick count. Thirty-two hundred. Perfect. 

I went to the adjoining bathroom, and packed my toothbrush, toothpaste and other toiletries. I glanced at my clock. F*ck. 12:34 in the afternoon. I would have to wait 12 hours until I made my escape. I released a heavy breath. Was I really going to do this? Could I do this? Yes. I'm tired of doing hings for everyone else. I deserve to be happy. I nodded. After my mental encouraging speech, I wondered how I would spend my time.